$150 paint job!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
depends on how bad it is. maybe be able to get away with by just reclearing..might have to repaint and clear.

mraw112

Reaction score
Where in ga did you get paint? I was gonna start painting my mr2 before the winter come and could use some help getting pointed in the right direction.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Where in ga did you get paint? I was gonna start painting my mr2 before the winter come and could use some help getting pointed in the right direction.

i got the paint at some shop here in GA, and got the clear from a place called Finish masters-i think there world wide.

i used shopline base coat,i recommend staying away from that not unless your doing the whole car and not just parts cuz it will not match.

nice job! I want a new paint job.
appreciate it..im gonna repaint it in a few weeks again..ha
picked out new colors..stay tuned :)
but this time im gonna spray it at work in a real booth.

mraw112

Reaction score
Ill be doing the whole car soon. How it looks is not really the priority. I just want to keep it from rusting and not look like a pos. Was 1 quart of base coat enough to the whole car? I was under the impression it took almost a gallon for a car the size of the accord.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i used a quart..that was enough for the sides a couple of times..so get 2quarts to be safe.
i didnt paint the bumpers/sides,roof.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I used 3 coats of base and 5 coats of clear.
most shops do between 2/3 on each base and clear.

Back