1998ACCORDLXSD Sedan....

DXaccorD

Reaction score
hey... my car has the black side strip and bottom side skirt is black also. How did you go about painting yours? they look great. Really helps you pull off the clean look without too much black accenting. Would really apprecaite it if you told me what you did to paint them.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
hey... my car has the black side strip and bottom side skirt is black also. How did you go about painting yours? they look great. Really helps you pull off the clean look without too much black accenting. Would really apprecaite it if you told me what you did to paint them.

Cannot help you about the door handles like you PM'ed, But the trim is easy. Cost me 75$ in paint and supplies I got my buddy to paint my mud flaps, skirts, trim and lip. I know my trim on my doors are just clips with some 2 way adhesive tape at the front. I pryed them off, then the clips I used a small screw driver to push in the tabs to release the clips. Then once painted, slid the clips back onto the trim, put some 2 way tape and put them back on. Skirts well was easy, remove the screws holding the mud flap and inner fenders skirts on the front, then its a twisting and pulling. For some reason don't know why the Canadian Accord Don't have rear mud flaps.

Of course my mud flaps are flaking, its like a soft plastic. but meh. Since its plastic you need like a flexible primer and paint, so it don't chip.

My car being re painted once I do body work on it. Rear doors on the bottom is getting soft, my 1/4's are temp fixed with bondo till I can get some cheap fenders just for the arched lip so I can weld new ones, got the typical rust for the 6th gen around the license plate. My Driver side door by the mirror in the weather stripping is like gone.

Over all, since I don't got a rear lip I like it painted to match my car. But if I got a rear lip and I only found the Mugen style for my Gen ( not sure if I like it with the Type R style I have ) I kinda want to see what my lip, skirts and rear lip would look like black. But I got new head lights, they are blacked housed so once I put the 20001 Front end on my car, I might do the black hood, black housed and black skirts and lips.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
So Update...

Got a DSM 14B turbo kit for a F22A, With a re drilled DSM turbo manifold, All I need now is Intercooler piping, Down pipe and 3" exhaust. Picked up a Walbro225 fuel pump, 6 puck clutch, Chipped OBD1 ECU, DSM 450 fuel injectors. Selling my 17" rims and going to 18's.

Once spring hits, I'll drop on my 2" lowering springs, front camber kit, slotted rototech rotors.

Cmon spring...

These are the 18's I picked up.

They are RTX Racer X, They are volk ce28n time attack replica, Picked them up for 700$

059.jpg

Turbo Kit should be in this week if my buddy makes the trip down to the city...

Last edited:

GreddyAccord99

Reaction score
nice deal! those will look good. normally I dont like lips on accords, but the type r flows well. it looks better off, imo. keep up the good work.

98ACCORDLXSD

Reaction score
If I go with the 2001 front end, I don't think I'll run a lip. Seen a 2001 coupe front end on Sedans and they look very nice...

Still wondering what those rims will look like on my car, Wait to find out when I order new AGX shocks to go with my 2" lowering springs...Or just buy my buddies TEIN's SS coils. Guess I'll upgrade to 40 or 45 Series tires.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If you are getting 18's, then go with a 40 series, 17's, 45 series.

The Coupe front on the sedan does look good, it's too bad Type R didn't make a full lip kit. You COULD go with the Mugen replica kit, but I think it would require too much modding.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^^ Someone else who wishes there was a complete kit to continue the Type R front lip. :thumbsup:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
If you are getting 18's, then go with a 40 series, 17's, 45 series.

The Coupe front on the sedan does look good, it's too bad Type R didn't make a full lip kit. You COULD go with the Mugen replica kit, but I think it would require too much modding.

The side skirts for the Mugen Style kit would be really easy to mod to fit. The thing is that the mugen rear would take a little more work, because the coupes booty is fatter, I think someone here did it though a while back.

EDIT: And by the way OP........Why if you're having so much trouble financially finishing up your MT swap and turbo build are you buying wheels?

To be honest, I don't think they will even look good on your car. Black time attack style wheels on a Silver sedan?????

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
JMillerF23A1
The side skirts for the Mugen Style kit would be really easy to mod to fit. The thing is that the mugen rear would take a little more work, because the coupes booty is fatter, I think someone here did it though a while back.

EDIT: And by the way OP........Why if you're having so much trouble financially finishing up your MT swap and turbo build are you buying wheels?

To be honest, I don't think they will even look good on your car. Black time attack style wheels on a Silver sedan?????

Would have to agree about the TA style and SS combo, not a good look.

Back