1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 12/12-Semi completed

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 11.19

yea i just noticed after taking it all apart theres no clean way to tape up around the vents that dont come out in the radio bezel..Looks like ill leave them and get an overlay maybe sooner or later.
as for progress today;wetsanded the whole car,tapped it up so its ready to spray for tmr.
Bumpers/lip kit are ready as well.
should be painted by afternoon hours tmr. cant wait to get a weekend back work free and have a single color car again. :rock:

I know on the sedans that you can take out the top vents above the radio console there is 2 tabs on each side also on the top and bottom of the vents, dont know if its the same on the couples but I was able to remove them when I painted mine made it a lot easyer, hope this helps. Looking great!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 11.20

yea the actual scoop for the air to go through the vents pops off..but i still have 1 of the swivel heads attached to the bezel itself.

got the sealer layed on the bumpers,sides,lip kit and misc parts.
will be laying base and clear here shortly..letting dry then putting the car into the garage! another long day ahead. glad i took off monday as well as this project is going over what i expected when i was to be completed..owell.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

Very nice.. Paint and body cant b rushed unless it’s for the insurance company

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

yea its almost 5oclock PM here in GA and im about to lay my clear...man where has time went?! still have my entire car to spray! wtf..haha Might have to spray my car 1st thing in the AM..i dont want to risk dropping a bumper or something moving it out of the garage to swap the car..well back to work

Johnson

Reaction score

wow cant wait to see the results!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

its now 6:51pm..Just got out of the shower..and happy and relived to say;Bumpers,side skirts,lip kit,door handles,type-r grill are done.

everything that could go wrong did..33gallon compressor shut down..air regulator plastic knob broke..Cheap Harbor freight one stopped also.clear leaked out of the gun onto parts causing runs..and alot of trash from gun. BUT all will be taken car of after a nice buff.
Layed 5 coats of clear so have room to buff.

man what a day..now I still have to finish the important part..the car! man..New i was going to run out of time!

Last edited:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

update;11.21
sealer:
CIMG2859.jpg
CIMG2860.jpg

CIMG2861.jpg

CIMG2862.jpg

base coat:
CIMG2864.jpg

CIMG2866.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

tease of clear until fully put together and buffed(maybe)
CIMG2872.jpg

CIMG2875.jpg

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
Re: 1NonlyAccords Body n Paint thread-Update 11.21

very nice looks to have a lil more pearl than factory lol:naughty: or did u spray a light coat for final base coat:poke:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

I sprayed about 4coats of color..2 light and 2 wet/heavier..then 5 coats of clear..but remember this is mixed my hand from the paint supply store..so they could have added more pearl when they made the color for me.. ;)
and also never any paint matches factory colors unless tinted,and worked on..so for me doing an all over,color change..works for me.ha

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

NICE and tinting is annoying so time consuming, my least favorite colors to tint are silvers and gold’s

Back