2 Misfire CELs after valve adjustment during hard acceleration

kashmeister

Reaction score
replacement dizzy was incorrect, seller is shipping new one.

the one he sent had 6 ports??? i thought the cyl didnt have a dis + cap system.

kashmeister

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I put in the new dizzy... and it still happens. I don't hear anything bad. It only gives the CEL on load and I've tried so much ****. I've tried dizzy, dist cap, rotor, plugs, wires, spark plugs, injectors, cleaned fuel rail...

At idle, it sounds like a honda. Typical idle. smooth. typical honda valve noise, nothing too loud or clanking metal, but definitely louder than say a well balanced bmw v12.

I accelerates smooth, it puts good power to the wheels and runs good. When the CEL flashes when the car is on load at high rpm, there is NO stutter, no backfiring, no popping, nothing. Typical honda sound.

Someone help me? please?
or give me the name of a good shop around Chicago?

This is pissing me off, I though it went away and I loaded a ton of money/time into 5 spd swap.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Have you done a fuel pressure test? I bet you got low fuel pressure.....sorry...I should have suggested that much earlier.

001Stunna

Reaction score
With the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose disconnected and clamped. The pressure should be 320 - 370 kPa (3.3-3.8 kg/sq.cm, 47-54 psi) .

With the engine running, unpinch and reconnect the vacuum hose and read the gauge again. The pressure should be 260 - 310 kPa (2.7-3.2 kg/sq.cm, 38-46 psi) .

1 Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the frequencies for the radio's preset buttons.

2 Disconnect the battery negative cable from the battery negative terminal.

3 Remove the fuel fill cap.

4 Use a wrench on the fuel pulsation damper (A) at the fuel rail.

5 Place a rag or shop towel (B) over the fuel pulsation damper.

6 Slowly loosen the fuel pulsation damper one complete turn.

7 Remove the fuel pulsation damper from its fitting, and attach the fuel pressure gauge attachment.

8 Attach the fuel pressure gauge.

9 Disconnect the vacuum hose (A) from the fuel pressure regulator (B) and pinch it closed with a clamp (C).

10Start the engine and let it idle.
If the engine starts, go to step 12.
If the engine does not starts, go to step 11.

11 Check to see if the fuel pump is running: remove the fuel fill cap and hold your ear to the fuel fill port while an assistant turns the ignition switch ON (II) you should hear the pump run for about two seconds when the ignition turned ON (II).
If the fuel pump runs, go to step 12.
If the fuel pump does not run, test it.

12 Read the pressure gauge (with the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose disconnected and clamped). The pressure should be 320 - 370 kPa (3.3-3.8 kg/sq.cm, 47-54 psi) .
If the pressure is OK and engine is running, go to step 13. If not running, repair the cause, then continue this test.
If the pressure is out of spec, go to step 14.

13 With the engine running, unpinch and reconnect the vacuum hose and read the gauge again. The pressure should be 260 - 310 kPa (2.7-3.2 kg/sq.cm, 38-46 psi) .
If the fuel pressure is OK, the test is complete.
If the pressure is out of spec, go to step 14.

14 Disconnect the vacuum hose from the pressure regulator again while you watch the pressure gauge. The pressure should rise when you disconnect the hose.
If the pressure did not rise, replace the fuel pressure regulator.
If the pressure is rose, but all your readings were lower than specified, check for a clogged fuel filter and for leaks in the fuel lines.
If the pressure is rose, but all your readings were higher than specified, check for a pinched or clogged fuel return hose or line.

15 Reconnect the vacuum hose, remove the pressure gauge, and reinstall the fuel pulsation damper and a new washer. Tighten the fuel pulsation damper to 22 Nm (2.2 kg/sq.cm, 16 lb.ft) . NOTE: Disassemble and clean the fuel pressure gauge attachment thoroughly after use.

Last edited:
Back