jaz

Reaction score
I looked around the forum and saw nothing on this but i missed anything please re-direct me.. but if not maybe you caan help me out.

Im looking to replace my stock speakers on my door and in the back. I want to try this before losing room by throwing a box in my trunk.

Could I replace my stock side door and back behind my seat speakers with some high wattage subs? If so would i need an amp?

I'll have more questions after some responses from those. Thanks! :)

finch13

Reaction score
Re: Replacing

Sounds like you want a component speaker set: a woofer, midrange, and tweeter. Throwing some good 2-ways, a single 10" or 12" sub in the trunk and a 5 ch. amp would probably be cheaper than a set of components and an amp to power them.

jaz

Reaction score

Well i can get a deal of a full system for like $400.. Subs, box, head units, amp w/ crossover, wiring.. im not sure if that with compenent speakers.. but its an 1000watt xplod.. are there any premade boxes for 6gen accords?

finch13

Reaction score

There is a company that makes pre-made fiberglass boxes specifically made for the Accord, but other than that, no. Save yourself the hassle and build one yourself for $30.

I'm gonna be honest here. Sony Xplod is junk. Period.

Cpyro

Reaction score

I have boston acoustics in the cabin, but soon im gonna swap out everything for pioneer stuff. head unit speakers, sub amps. what do u mean by putting subs in ur doors and back speakers?

finch13

Reaction score

They make 6" subwoofers capable of hit sub-30Hz frequencies, probably too deep to fit in the door without some modding.

Cpyro

Reaction score

probly not cheap at all either.

Back