beardohio

Reaction score
Re: Replacing

First thing I'd do if you're not happy with your stock speakers, get a new headunit. Three of my friends with Accords bought new Pioneer headunits and their stock speakers sound twice as good with more power going to them.

If you're still not happy with that, then you could replace your 2 door speakers, and 2 6x9 speakers up above your rear seats. Those 4 speakers can be switched to nicer speakers, they can't just be converted to a subwoofer. If you want to get subs, those are going to be in a box in your trunk, and would have to have an amp and some wiring done.

Cpyro

Reaction score

Spend the money, get it dont right. change the cabin speakers, head unit, and get some subs, get and amp for the sub and for the cabin speakers and enjoy the BOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DXaccorD

Reaction score

i recommend crutchfield.com for buying your speakers... it also tells you if they fit your car.

(even though i bought mine without crutchfield approving their "fit requirements" and made mine fit :)

dynasty

Reaction score

i assume you have a V6 model. truthfully the cabin speaker sounds good already. but if you want to trade it with a better one, go search the size, 6.5" front and rears, I THINK! go to crutchfield and they'll tell you.

but yes, you'll need a 4 channel amp for the speakers to be loud and also sound better since you can adjust the lows and highs. Polk Audio is a good brand from what i heard.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

i blew a stock speaker (somehow?) with my premier head unit...in total over 2 cars i had used stock speakers with an aftermarket headunit for maybe 2 years in all...

front speaker space is shallowwwwww...unless you want to cut the stock weather basket or make spacers. 1 15/16" is all youve got to work with. my infinity 6012si speakers fit without (really) any mods, but they suck and i wouldnt recommend them.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score

yeah front door depths are really shallow, had to cut the basket and use a 3/4" spacer to get my bostons to fit, and then there's very little clearance between the speaker & door panel.

honestly if you're new, the chances of you being successful trying to fit bigger speakers into your doors & rear deck are pretty low. and to do anything other than a direct size replacement is going to require cutting & fabrication. i might be wrong buy my assumption is if you were confident in being able to do things like that, you wouldn't ask about it on the forums.

honestly your best bet would be to get a new headunit which will send more power to your stock speakers, and then just go with a conservative single 10 or 12" sub in a ~1-1.5 cuft sealed box and you won't loose much space in your trunk and will have the bass you want

jaz

Reaction score

thanks guys.. i just ended up getting a new headunit (jvc kd-r600) its pretty sick.. you can plug in usb, aux, has bluetooth and it changes colors haha... also got a 1000w 2 channel formula amp which when i get more money im going to trade that back in an upgrade to like a 2000w amp and new sub. the sub i got is an audiofonics 12" 1200w. it bumps sooo hard.. i also replaces all my compenent speakers. got this all for $380 which i think is a pretty good deal. i just finished installing yesterday but i have to re-do my front door speakers because they just stopped working.. any suggestions on that? overall though it sounds great i would recommend any of those things to anyone.. especially the head unit.. :)

honestly your best bet would be to get a new headunit which will send more power to your stock speakers, and then just go with a conservative single 10 or 12" sub in a ~1-1.5 cuft sealed box and you won't loose much space in your trunk and will have the bass you want
i do need a new box though, where to find?.. the one i have for the one sub does take a little bit of space more then id like.. i was actually thinking of putting the sub where the spare tire is haha.. any ideas/input on that? thanks

Last edited:
Back