245/40/18 fitting?

dbang

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy used rims with tires already on them. The tires are 245/40/18 and I was wondering if they will work with my 6ga v6? I did some search and it seems for an 18inch the majority of tires are 225/45/18.

I'm fairly new to rims/tires and I have a slight clue on what some numbers mean but don't know how to determine it for myself.

I also have another question about coilovers.
There are so many brands at different prices, what are the differences? eg. function and form type 1/2 ( is 2 the newer version? ), Eibach, KYB, etc...

dbang

Reaction score
Here you go just click on the links
Speedometer calculator for aftermarket wheels/tires
1998-2002 Accord Suspension List

Do you know the specs of the wheels you are looking at? Aside from the tires that are on them? The above links should answer most of your questions & get you in the right direction.... Good luck with your modding

hey thanks a lot. i found a site before that could calculate but doesn't work anymore for some reason =/
it looks like it's a good match against the odo.

this is the info the guy who's selling it gave me
Rims 18 And the Lugs are 12 m m 125 r m it has lock ans Key... The Rims Are multiple Spokes

I have no idea what he means by those numbers, he doesn't have the bolt pattern which i believe mine are 114.3x5. i guess i'll go try it on and see if the shoe fits.

i'm just wondering if 245 would be too wide for the cars body.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
What are the wheel specs? A 245 section width is almost always too wide for this car. There are exceptions but I doubt yours qualifies.

For 18’s you should be using a 40 sidewall.

Lugs are measured in thread and pitch. You need 12 x 1.5.

V6 bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3

dbang

Reaction score
What are the wheel specs? A 245 section width is almost always too wide for this car. There are exceptions but I doubt yours qualifies.

For 18’s you should be using a 40 sidewall.

Lugs are measured in thread and pitch. You need 12 x 1.5.

V6 bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3

i asked him for more details but he doesn't really know, asked me to just come try it on lol.

what kind of wheel specs should i know?

1) bolt pattern
2) tire size (205/60/16 for example our stock)
3) lug size (but I can probably use my stock lugs or easily get another set right?)

that's all I know to look/ask for. Is there anything I should know on the actual RIM besides the bolt pattern and inches of course?

I guess I can sell the tires and buy ones that will fit my car and put it on the same rim?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Ask him for the offset and widths, without those, you'll be putting on wheels with a blindfold.

niceshot.jpg

This was Halabeaster54 (James) old coupe with I believe 245/40-18's. Was too big, you'll rub even at stock height.

I'm guessing the wheels were something like 18x8 +30ish offset.

Chorilored

Reaction score
Thats what im running. +50 offset w/ 5mm spacer. rubs a little when turned all the way over an uneven surface

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i asked him for more details but he doesn't really know, asked me to just come try it on lol.

what kind of wheel specs should i know?

1) bolt pattern
2) tire size (205/60/16 for example our stock)
3) lug size (but I can probably use my stock lugs or easily get another set right?)

that's all I know to look/ask for. Is there anything I should know on the actual RIM besides the bolt pattern and inches of course?

I guess I can sell the tires and buy ones that will fit my car and put it on the same rim?

For the tires you should know the section width, profile, and diameter. Speed rating is relevant too, wouldn’t get anything less than H, car came with V from the factory so I’d stick with that personally. For lug nuts you should know the thread/pitch. For wheels you should know the bolt pattern, diameter, width, and offset (the last three should be stamped on the inside of any decent wheel).

I wouldn’t recommend buying wheels without understanding width and offset though…you might buy these then not be happy with the way they look on the car, or want different fitment after you learn about what you’re doing. Also, how low you are dropped and wheel specs go hand in hand. It sounds to me like you should wait and read up on all this before making a decision.

Btw you should not use OEM lugs on aftermarket wheels, or aftermarket lugs on OEM wheels. OEM wheels use ball/acorn seating, and aftermarket use cone seating.

Back