3 new ones from nature

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i still dont know how i feel about them...whether im meh or have a raging hard on :lawl: theyre very different than the usual results i expect.

1. "into the sun"
3029493328_6929d0c4a5_o.jpg

2. "burning retinas, by contrast" (forgot to sharpen :lawl: )
3028657745_a8ba5dd9b6_o.jpg

3. "old school look and feel"
3029493660_f17ca9cdbb_o.jpg

all images taken with pentax mx and walgreens 200 film. yep homes, film...

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
#2 does have quite the contrast..esp after looking at it following the picture that is just green...they look pretty good..i would like #3 more but it is hard to tell which one the camera is focusing on..still a sweet picture

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Good pics, Ry Ry. It'll be a minute till I get an SLR and learn the ropes, so I appreciate you and all the other photo-bugs for sharing the pics/your skills.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
eric, i agree...i can't remember what the aperture setting was. i just liked the tones and colors of the leaves. i think i was shooting at the propellers (maple) but i was using a slow lens obviously not stopped down enough.

this was straight off the scan...this film is very low in contrast but can be fixable like the other two.

derek, get on it :smash: these are just "snapshots" from a camera as old as i am, but i wouldnt know what i was doing without digital. its expensive...but fun...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^ You're lust for old camera equipment and vinyl makes you seem like such a f***ing grandpa sometimes :lawl:

I like #3 the best. #2 has good color, but oh my gawwd, too bright! :)

nexTOme

Reaction score
nice. #2 was like..poking my retina..

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
^^^ You're lust for old camera equipment and vinyl makes you seem like such a f***ing grandpa sometimes :lawl:

I like #3 the best. #2 has good color, but oh my gawwd, too bright! :)
your/you're :lawl:

you forgot to add old stereo equipment :lawl:
I love film scans
all the cool kids are doing it these days :lawl:
i like the 1 and 3...but 2 seems OOF or motion blurred to me...the color is good tho
im going to mess with it a little tomorrow and see if it can be better. i want to say it was close to f/8 1/125 iso 200 so that would definitely explain it.
nice. #2 was like..poking my retina..
that was the goal :jae:

Back