4000 rpm

accord786

Reaction score
So i went to go check out a 6ga 5 speed fully loaded , its perfect but the only thing is that It is pinging off the rev limiter at 4000 rpm. everything is fine untill 4000 rpm, then it goes into jerky mode .
Check engine light was on, maintaince light was on , the oil on the car was dark black

What can the problem be? Should i get the car with this issue or should i just pass?

Last edited:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
So i went to go check out a 6ga 5 speed fully loaded , its perfect but the only thing is that It is pinging off the rev limiter at 4000 rpm. everything is fine untill 4000 rpm, then it goes into jerky mode .
Check engine light was on, maintaince light was on , the oil on the car was dark black

What can the problem be? Should i get the car with this issue or should i just pass?

Are you serious?

kn0x47

Reaction score
dont our cars not go over 4k when its low on oil? do you know why the check engine light is on? the maintenance light doesnt matter

accord786

Reaction score
I do not know why the check engine light is on =( but i think i should pass this deal im not looking for a headache their are tons of accords out their which i can choose from

F23A1AT

Reaction score
So i went to go check out a 6ga 5 speed fully loaded , its perfect but the only thing is that It is pinging off the rev limiter at 4000 rpm. everything is fine untill 4000 rpm, then it goes into jerky mode. -1

Check engine light was on, -1
maintaince light was on, -1
the oil on the car was dark black. -1

I'm counting a negative 4 here, what part about this seems like it could be good? Clearly the current owner has given not one ****... The pair this person must have to try to sell a car without even trying to change to oil or reset the CEL. You'll have so many problems with this car later on, I promise you.

May I ask what they are asking for a price, whatever it is offer them no more than 60% given those circumstances.

Back