5 speed swap wiring ques??

redlinevtec

Reaction score
They are all right. Re-pinning is a lot easier than pulling out the main engine wiring harness, passenger horn & headlight harness, X2 dash wiring harness's with the correct multiplexers that match your trim, the correct 5spd ecu, 5spd speedometer (or use your auto) with the ignition switch & corresponding keys and lastly don't forget removing the dash inside the car. If your not careful you can mess up some clips for the dash. Plus you need to make sure you don't mix LX & EX or A1 & A4 harness's. Each year is different for some reason. The pigtails from an automatic dash harness's is different than manual (less sensors) and your dash harness's should be either single or dual stage for your current air bags. you can't put a dual stage harness from a 2000 into a 99 because there were much more options in the later years. A lot of homework, time and effort can make the outcome a lot easier for you and very successful. I BELIEVE I am the only one that has attempted all this and the outcome is awesome. If you pop my hood or look inside my car, it all looks OEM. No CEL's, no weird idles or loose wires hanging everywhere. Looks as if I bought the car from the dealer stock 5spd lol. Putting everything back together can be a PIA and you can forget where some pigtails go. Rep +1 to 99accordboi for being a good friend and driving to 626 from OC to let me rip his stock 5spd apart and compare. Thanks man, would never have finished without you bro.

Also it's no simple task as to just "SWITCH" a ULEV wideband 02 sensor with a LEV 02 sensor. The wiring harness's is pinned differently and the ecu won't read the LEV sensors the same. Same goes for A1's trying to use A4 components. The only thing that seperates the A4 from the A1 is the primary 02 sensor, wiring harness (more wires) ecu, exhaust manifold and exhaust manifold cover. Catalytic converter is the same, EGR is the same and second 02 sensor is the same believe it or not. Sourcing the right parts to go from A4 to A1 will be a pain and if you can't source parts for cheap (had family at a junkyard, 5spds are RARE in SoCal!) or know someone parting out their accord (thanks alan!) your screwed. So either do what I did above or cut your wires and hope everything works. My reverse lights work, my speedometer works, all my sensors work and I have no CEL. This was a trial and error effort for me but I have learned A LOT about this stupid car. If you have any questions let me know. Good luck!

Sorry for all the run on sentences. lol it's 6am and I randomly decided to help you. lol :ohsnap:

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
dont swap the engine harness! its a waste of time and money...everything matches up except for one plug with a different amount of wires running through it...so means more work to do..but i wouldnt want to go through it lol

go under urgent help and check my thread u see what im talking about

my speedo vss and reverese works but i had a cel p1166 for the o2 sensor...switch o2 didnt work...so come to find out i have a 00 ecu on my 2002 se so i just bought 02 ulev ecu..hope it will get rid of the cel

Last edited:

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
well,I finally finished most of the swap but still have a few issues. I'm still running AT ecm,followed wiring diagrams and info(best I could-hate all this wiring/repinning),but still have no speedo or vtec. Is it true that i need to use 5spd ecm in order for this to work despite the wiring I've done? I'm stomped and really need to get this working. I've read posts and still not working. Can anyone help?

YoungxNutkase

Reaction score
well,I finally finished most of the swap but still have a few issues. I'm still running AT ecm,followed wiring diagrams and info(best I could-hate all this wiring/repinning),but still have no speedo or vtec. Is it true that i need to use 5spd ecm in order for this to work despite the wiring I've done? I'm stomped and really need to get this working. I've read posts and still not working. Can anyone help?

YEA bro u need the 5spd ecu

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Luckily I have the 5 spd ecm since I have the whole car. I will swap wen I'm able t get to the dealer to reprogram. Too bad I can't do it myself! Thanks to everyone for all the help!

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
First off,thanks to all who've contributed to this thread and helping me! Swapped the ecu,dealer reprogrammed,and now I have Vtec and speedo works! Temp gauge not working,but I searched and think I've found solution to that. Thing now is still the reverse lights and cruis control do not work and I'm having difficulty. Could'nt find pics for wiring/repinning for reverse lights and installed the pump on cruise but still not working. I love my 5 speed swap, but got a few things here and there that I need to fix. Anyones input is greatly appreciated!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
First off,thanks to all who've contributed to this thread and helping me! Swapped the ecu,dealer reprogrammed,and now I have Vtec and speedo works! Temp gauge not working,but I searched and think I've found solution to that. Thing now is still the reverse lights and cruis control do not work and I'm having difficulty. Could'nt find pics for wiring/repinning for reverse lights and installed the pump on cruise but still not working. I love my 5 speed swap, but got a few things here and there that I need to fix. Anyones input is greatly appreciated!

GL with the CC I still haven't figured that out yet. I am working on the reverse lamps, DO NOT try tampahobos way you will blow a multiplexor trust me been there done that.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
dont swap the engine harness! its a waste of time and money...everything matches up except for one plug with a different amount of wires running through it...so means more work to do..but i wouldnt want to go through it lol

go under urgent help and check my thread u see what im talking about

my speedo vss and reverese works but i had a cel p1166 for the o2 sensor...switch o2 didnt work...so come to find out i have a 00 ecu on my 2002 se so i just bought 02 ulev ecu..hope it will get rid of the cel

i dont think it will wrk.....correct me if im wrong but the Ulev motors only came in auto not 5spd so u will always have that cel

Back