5 speed swap wiring ques??

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
I've ssearched, but couldnt find exactly what I was looking for so here goes. I'm doing a 5 speed swap into a 00 accord ex ulev(f23a4) from a 99 (f23a1). I have the complete car and read where some wiring modifications need to be done for the VSS,speedometer,reverse switch,etc. My question is instead of re-pinning and such, can I just swap the wiring harness and ecm from the f23a1 into the f23a4 and things work properly withoout CEL? I'm aware that the O2 sensors,exhaust manifold,and cat are lil different,but like I said I have the whole car so just a matter of switching. Will this work better than modifying the f23a4 harness? Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated!

dcmystery21

Reaction score
idk if switching the harnesses will work but i know repinning the vss isnt that hard. if i still had my car i could tell you exactly what I did, but i dont. i just remembering it being pretty easy.

did you see the how to on vss wiring after a 5 speed swap? it doesnt explain the wiring that well, but if you pay close attention to the pictures, you can figure it out.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
I did read something about the vss and it didnt seem too hard,but didnt see any pictures. There were writeups about the speedometer,backup switch too but no pics either. You have any other suggestions? Thanks!

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Yeah i pulled the harness out and it was kind of a pain,more thanwhat i expected. So the re-pin would be easier? I want to keep my auto speedometer since I slightly modded it and want my original mileage to show up. Anyone have any other suggestions,tips,shortcuts,etc?

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Yeah,but which is easier and gimme less prob and no CEL since i alrea
PHP:
dy pulled 5spd harness? Wanna keep auto speedometer also.

Snoobly

Reaction score
you have the ULEV engine. correct me if im wrong guys, but swapping the harness from the f23a1 to the A4 wouldn't work so well because there are more sensors on the A4.

but, for your short cuts request, there are none that i know of. the DIY is about as simple as it gets, except for the fact that it can be difficult to understand at times. so down to the point, Just repin it. it's super easy.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Ok,thanks for the help everyone! Will give updates when done!

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
you have the ULEV engine. correct me if im wrong guys, but swapping the harness from the f23a1 to the A4 wouldn't work so well because there are more sensors on the A4.

but, for your short cuts request, there are none that i know of. the DIY is about as simple as it gets, except for the fact that it can be difficult to understand at times. so down to the point, Just repin it. it's super easy.

he would just have to replace the primary o2 I believe after that I think all the connections are the same obvious the execution of the vss, etc.

Like everyone its easier to cut, solder, and depin

Back