6 gears > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]...completed.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [Six speed content]

Here's how it looks like. I like how it matches my steering wheel :D

DSC06285.jpg

Oh and VERY nice move on J32 swap. Can't wait to see pics once its done.

I keep my interior this clean :p

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [Six speed content]

Super mega multi-quote! :rock:

Here's how it looks like. I like how it matches my steering wheel :D

DSC06285.jpg

Not gonna lie...that is freaking sweet. I have the CL-S wheel too, so having the perf leather would be cool. And the engraved pattern is red... This is a good option, thanks for posting these, guys. I'm off to find more photos!

btw turbo_911, it looks like your knob is the TSX knob? Isn't your car 5spd? Or do you just ignore the pattern on the knob? lol

That Skunk knob was the best one so far, IMO, especially for the look that you're going for Chris.

Congrats on the 3.2 upgrade!

With Rich being so close, maybe I need to enlist BOTH his and Paul's services!

Yeah that knob is cleaner, not as bulky. But I'm liking the TSX knob too. Decisions, decisions!

I don't know where you live in Canadaland, but it seems like Rich would be closer to you. :canada:

ohmuhgawd i officially hate you Chris :lawl: i wish it was easier and less expensive to drop a j32 6mt into a 4 banger :jealousbow:

psh, you love it. ;) So do I though, I'd love people to see 6thgens as a better platform for modding/swapping.

I have plenty of faith that this will go well. If, for whatever reason, the J32 doesnt work out, you'll at least have the 6MT, and thats a pretty good start.

You havent even done the swap yet and you're already feeling sorry for your old motor. :lawl:

If I did have to walk away still with the J30, I wouldn't be devastated. I mean with a 6spd the 3.0 has enough power for me, I don't race/track the car or even drive all that aggressively. But something about more power is just very....good. lol Instead of thinking I really want it, I'm more like, why the hell not? And for a few extra hundred no less.

I was brought up to use things as long as they last, and then replace them when needed. So it's hard to convince myself to just get rid of a motor that has given me no problems. Plus I did the timing maintenance 30k miles ago, so I'm not really getting that investment back. I even like the way the J30 looks with a polished IM and painted covers, etc. I had all these plans...for someone like me it is hard to let go.

But Derek is right, I'm being an idiot about that. haha The J32 is better in every way so I need to nut up or shut up. :lawl:

I'm jealous of the 3.2 :boink:

Thanks Lem! :)

Congrates bud! Glad to see your finally able to do the swap.
It will also be nice to see an update on the 6spd and 3.2 swap the one on v6p is getting old and a little outdated.......LOL

Yeah tbh I don't find that list as helpful as everyone says it is. I've had to do so much legwork outside of that to get everything straight, and I still am. Some things aren't needed for using the Accord tranny instead of the CL-S, etc.

After this swap, the DIY guide and list should be all anyone will need for a pretty long time. And my car will be in the pics. :D

im jealous also damn you, i hate my 4 banger so slow no power at all! j32 6spd ftw, i love driving my brothers 7th gen accord im pretty sure you will love your car even more when your swap is complete !

Thanks man, I expect I will fall in love with this car all over again. The 4spd keeps me from loving it unconditionally. Some days I don't even enjoy driving it, I feel so distant from the car with this auto.

I know how you feel about the 4cyl. I know the V6 auto tranny is a crapshoot, but for me it was worth it for the power, I just can't drive a 4cyl. Though it's much better, of course, when mated with a 5spd MT. You should swap your tranny and/or motor. It's soo much easier/cheaper in a 4cyl car.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: 6 > 4 [6spd + 3.2 swap]

Chris,

Most of us from Ontario on here, live in the GTA, or just outside of it.

Rich is in Chicago, right? I think that's about a 9 hour drive or so for us.

Jyos

Reaction score

Man, I'm pretty excited for you not gonna lie! lol. I'll be following this thread, and hopefully the new DIY can make things exactly clear on what's needed! Been sourcing bits and pieces of information from all over, as this is something i'm definitely looking into as an option down the road as well :D

How long do you anticipate the labor will take? Also, when you had your budget in mind was that for parts + labor?

turbo_911

Reaction score

Oh yes I'm 5 speed and I'm just ignoring the petter, because I just love the shift knob and how it matches my MDX steering wheel. Also on TSX it's a red pattern but on mine it's black, since it's from 7th gen accord :)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Most of us from Ontario on here, live in the GTA, or just outside of it.

Rich is in Chicago, right? I think that's about a 9 hour drive or so for us.

Yeah, Chicago area. What's the GTA?

Man, I'm pretty excited for you not gonna lie! lol. I'll be following this thread, and hopefully the new DIY can make things exactly clear on what's needed! Been sourcing bits and pieces of information from all over, as this is something i'm definitely looking into as an option down the road as well :D

How long do you anticipate the labor will take? Also, when you had your budget in mind was that for parts + labor?

Hey thanks. As a newcomer to the concept of swapping, I want to make this process easier for people who don't have an extensive background knowledge. It is hard to piece everything together as things stand now, imo.

Well if it was just the trans, it would take roughly 1-2 days for us to do it. If I was doing it on my own...who knows, lol. I will be up there for 3-4 days, since we are swapping the motor too. The other thing that will be making this take more time is the fact that we are documenting the whole process.

I was prepared for a $3.5k budget. So far I've spent around $1500 (Accord 6spd, starter, clutch kit, CL-S shift box, CL-S shifter cables). I have yet to buy tranny mounts, flywheel, 7G AV6 master/slave clutch cylinders, clutch lines, and the small stuff like bolts/nuts, etc. I also have yet to pay for the labor, motor, timing stuff, and possibly motor mounts. I am hoping to keep it under $4k. We'll see.

Whoa, big update Chris :beer:

Innnnndeed. I sort of shocked myself, since my original plans were to swap the tranny only. But I'm getting a great labor rate and it wasn't as much as I thought to swap the motor too.

Oh yes I'm 5 speed and I'm just ignoring the petter, because I just love the shift knob and how it matches my MDX steering wheel. Also on TSX it's a red pattern but on mine it's black, since it's from 7th gen accord :)

haha that's awesome. I love how it matches too...I am thinking I'll go with the TSX knob, just because I want the red.

I guess it's part #54102-SEC-A01. I'm going to confirm with the site sponsor before ordering.

I plan to order a majority of parts this weekend. :woot:

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score

Yep, that's the part number.

I found a thread from 2009 as someone selling, not sure if still has it though, but worth asking, lol

http://htarchive.org/showthread.php?t=2603354

Oh and here's how mine looks like

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/classifieds/198171-oem-6mt-shift-knob.html

Oh and make sure you don't buy one from S2000 since it has different leather as you can see here

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/classifieds/194959-fs-s2000-oem-6-speed-shift-knob.html

This if from newer year TSX shift knob. It is different too
6spdknob.jpg

I know 2008 TSX has the shift knob same as mine but with red letters
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-classifieds/35586-oem-6-speed-shift-knob.html

hope that helps.

EDIT: 2005, 2006 and 2008 are the years you want the shift knob from. All others have just regular leather without little holes.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Dude thanks a lot for filling me in the details, I definitely want to make sure I get the right one. I'm going to order one from the 2008 TSX (part # I listed above).

Back