6speed header..

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Anyone know if I could use a megan racing headers or other headers on a Accord with a 6spd tranny swap? I remember reading a thread somewhere that the rear manifold need to be rewield in order for it to fit or something. If you guys know anything about it, please help me out thanks.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Anyone know if I could use a megan racing headers or other headers on a Accord with a 6spd tranny swap? I remember reading a thread somewhere that the rear manifold need to be rewield in order for it to fit or something. If you guys know anything about it, please help me out thanks.

I have the stainless Megan headers and they fit fine.

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Really? Cause I know yours is a 6spd as well with a j32a2 swap right? I swear I saw a thread somewhere that you need to rewield the manifold for it to fit.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Really? Cause I know yours is a 6spd as well with a j32a2 swap right? I swear I saw a thread somewhere that you need to rewield the manifold for it to fit.

Nope I've got the J30. Didn't have to do anything funky to make it fit with the tranny... although I did have the headers before the swap. I see no reason why it would affect it. I think because I have the innovative mounts and my engine sits a little lower, we had to trim a little off my frame to get them to fit on the front, but that has nothing to do with the 6 speed.

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Alrighty thank you. Cause that was one of the reason I havent got a header yet lol. Didnt want to get it unless I know for sure that everything went straight. Well I guess the CL-S head swap have to wait now.

TheHunter

Reaction score
The headers don't make a ton of difference... the head swap would probably be better, but I'm sure you want a little more bling in the engine bay than the stock ones.

Accord_J30A

Reaction score
Yes you are correct. But I got some of the parts for the head swap already. So far I have the J35 intake manifold and fuel rail. Just need the throttle body, fuel injector and lower runners. Any ideas where to get them in ATL? I prefer to pick up.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
According to wikipedia.....

"The J30A4 pushed output to 240 hp (180 kW) and 212 lb·ft (287 N·m) using a three-way VTEC system, higher (10:1) compression ratio, and a novel exhaust manifold cast as one piece with the cylinder head."

and

"The J32A3 also includes the one-piece exhaust manifold cast with the cylinder head, first introduced on the J30A4."

The J35 I believe doesn't utilize the one piece.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
i think megan is fine for the clearance...

the clearance issue is with the rear motor mount... if you swap the cl-s motor mount and bracket (which is recomended, i dont know if the accord 6spd is same setup or not. i do know auto/manual is different) most heades do not clear.

i purposly bought the cheap xs power headers for the clearance.. headers been holding up for me tho so i am not going to complain too much about them

Back