6th gen noob!

toast

Reaction score
ok, guess Ill stick with a 5 spd search for now...and it is indeed just a vtec

IMG_3755.jpg

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
If you really need it fixed at inexpensive cost an auto transmission may cost you around 300 400 dollars for 4 cyl and its rare that they go out so it shouldnt be a problem getting a junkyard pull

toast

Reaction score
picked her up for $1600! I think I got a decent deal, plenty o hail damage, and as you can see, needs a good cleaning, but I like the leather, and moonroof, and it runs great! Warped rotors, but hopefully then I can drive her for awhile before tearing into the tranny mess. 100 mile commute daily.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
1600 is a pretty good buy. If you do the 5speed swap you'll have a great platform to start with.

99F23VTech

Reaction score
if i am not mistaking these transmission have shift solenoids? correct? if that is the case you may have one going out...

For example (i know our cars are not fords) but the ford taurus tranny's had problem with a shift solenoid C i believe that would cause it to not shift at certain points

toast

Reaction score
if i am not mistaking these transmission have shift solenoids? correct? if that is the case you may have one going out...

Boy I hope your right! A quick update...I have driven about 200 miles on the Amsoil ATF now. The 2nd to 1st gear clunk is almost eniterly gone, although you still need to wait for it. The wait is about half what it was with the filthy Z-1. Today was 30 degrees when I fired her up, and it did not shift out of first gear again :( Hopefully it is a sticky solenoid issue, because the tranny shifts perfectly fine other than the "clunk" at a stop. I cant believe that its heat related if after only a mile or so you can turn it off, and restart it with no further shifting issues.

Back