6th gen on 6th gen lovin :'(

finch13

Reaction score
On Saturday, traveling from a local 6th gen meet to another Honda meet, I was rear ended.... by a fellow 6th gen owner and best friend. :lawl:

I'll let the pictures talk first:

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6639.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

The second time I've had to watch an Accord get loaded onto a flatbed :(
IMG_6645.jpg

At the tow yard, grabbing personal stuff and my sub:
IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6647.jpg

Retrofit appears to be in good shape, although I don't know if any of the tabs are cracked because I'm not allowed to remove any parts bolted to the car.
IMG_6655.jpg

Here's Eric's car, we literally had just picked it up from the body shop 8 days earlier to have a fender replaced.
IMG_6641.jpg

He needs a new bumper cover, both headlights, both fenders, radiator support, and a hood.

The story:
We were in a line of ~7 6th gens, a 3G TL, and a herrafrush IS350 heading to the other meet spot. We were approaching a 3 car accident on our right in which a Ford Ranger rear ended a Jeep Liberty, causing the Ford radiator to bust open and spill a few gallons of coolant on the road (in the lane we were driving in). Right after the accident we needed to take a right turn and Eric and I were near the end of the line. The 4 or so cars in front of us were braking for a red light and when I started to brake, all 4 of my tires were in the coolant and locked up, causing me to slide before I reached dry pavement. I bumped the coupe in front of me, he rolled forward about 3 feet and then Eric slid through the same coolant, but never reached dry pavement and plowed right into me, sending me into the coupe once more. All of it happened in what felt like 3 seconds, we were only going about 30 miles an hour too. :(

The nice thing is that Eric and I both have full coverage and I carry mod coverage up to $2500, so Eric's car will hopefully be fixed and I'm looking for something else. Depending on how much insurance gives me and/or gives me a reasonable deal on buying the car back, I would possibly buy another 6th gen sedan or I've also been looking at some 06 and newer cars under $17k...

F23A1AT

Reaction score
NOOOO!!!!

That sucks big time. :sad: I assume since you are typing this you're alright? Hopefully your insurance wont write it off.

finch13

Reaction score
NOOOO!!!!

That sucks big time. :sad: I assume since you are typing this you're alright? Hopefully your insurance wont write it off.

Yeah, nobody was hurt. I have a sore neck, but that's about it.

Why would insurance write it off? Nobody was at fault (at this point), according to the police.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Glad no one was severely injured! Good luck on your next purchase. To bad to see such a nice car get totalled.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Yeah, nobody was hurt. I have a sore neck, but that's about it.

Why would insurance write it off? Nobody was at fault (at this point), according to the police.

I understand that body work in the back of the car is very expensive and extremely difficult to get back to spec. With over 200K and the age it's possible.

Mikey

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man. It's always good when all involved are friends, but it doesnt change the fact that the cars are damaged. :(

finch13

Reaction score
I understand that body work in the back of the car is very expensive and extremely difficult to get back to spec. With over 200K and the age it's possible.

Oh no, I expect it to be totaled. At 232,000 miles it's only worth $3-3.5k, there's easily $10k in damage.

Back