6th Gen Tranny CURSE

6thgenGerardoh1

Reaction score
hey all, i got my car back today it runs alot smoother. with the tranny problem the mechanic told me that when he drained my transmission that the oil on the maget ( have no clue what that is) was really really dirty, and that because of the really dirty oil it could have cloged the senors giving me transmission problems. He also told me that i will find out after driving my car for awhile the new oil is cleaning the senor, and so far after driving it a little bit back home then to work i could feel the transmission starting to shift with less of a jerk but i still feel the transmission jerk a little (but a lot less than before). if it still jerks when it shifts the mechanic told me he would use some type of scanner to look at my transmission.

A-cord

Reaction score
ok so i changed my tranny fluid after my car was running like crap.. my tranny fluid was really really dirty.. so my car ran pretty good right after i took it out for a test spin.. but now it's back to running like crap again.. it's pretty sluggish..

does anyone think that it was so dirty that there could still be a lot more grim and dirt that i would need to do another flush?

wesmac

Reaction score
Most of the time if you have never changed your tranny fluid its good not to change it at all, if you are up around 80k and past. The old tranny fluid tends to hold some components in place after so many miles. When this fluid is removed, it can cause things to get worse.

paypalbid

Reaction score
make sure you use Honda ATF only and if your car has problems you can add friction modifier or something like slip fix from the shelf at the local auto part store

hilodaze

Reaction score
took my car to a shop. either its internal or a solenoid. solenoid=$350. internal means, trans job=$4500. think im just going to run it til it actually breaks.

angelusnhc

Reaction score
took my car to a shop. either its internal or a solenoid. solenoid=$350. internal means, trans job=$4500. think im just going to run it til it actually breaks.

im running it until it breaks as well

Back