7th gen leather seat swap?

storms

Reaction score
You would need to wire the heated seats, it's not as simple as installing a button since the 6th gen didn't have a heated seat option, thus no wiring harness or anything pertaining to heated seats. For just heat, you'd need: 2 7th gen heater switches and a 20A relay. The actual wiring is very simple, wire relay into ignition circuit to switch the heater circuit on, power from battery through 20A fuse to switches, connect HI and LO seat circuit to switches.

just to let everyone know this is not entirely true!! Canadian models have heated leather seats!! true it's not an option it's standard equipment on canadain model with leather. Sorry if I sound rude was not meant to come out that way!! LOL :ohsnap:

finch13

Reaction score
Well right, but the majority of us are from the U.S. and it wasn't an option. Just like we don't have a DRL module, etc., etc.

If you already had heated seats you probably wouldn't be reading this thread on how to install some.

storms

Reaction score
Truth be known I was very shocked at how many differences there are between the U.S. and Canadian models oh well back to the subject at hand!!

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Semi related to the topic...... would the seat rails from my Euro R fit into your guys Gen 6 Accords??
If so, how hard would it be to "aquire" some of them state side..... and just install Recaro's instead??? (or are Recaro's stupidly priced there??)

Nismode

Reaction score
Well right, but the majority of us are from the U.S. and it wasn't an option. Just like we don't have a DRL module, etc., etc.

If you already had heated seats you probably wouldn't be reading this thread on how to install some.
Are you sure there isn't a heated seat option on the US Accord EX V6 w/leather?

finch13

Reaction score
Semi related to the topic...... would the seat rails from my Euro R fit into your guys Gen 6 Accords??
If so, how hard would it be to "aquire" some of them state side..... and just install Recaro's instead??? (or are Recaro's stupidly priced there??)

Since it's a different chassis I doubt they would work. Plus, it's stupid hard to get easily accessible European/Japanese parts over here. Buying direct from another continent also get's expensive with freight and customs fees. After it's all said and done, I bet Euro R rails would probably be just as expensive as buying Recaro/Sparco/Bride rails here. I dunno what you pay for Recaro's, but over here I think I basic seat is easily $300USD.

Are you sure there isn't a heated seat option on the US Accord EX V6 w/leather?

On AllData, 2002 Accord EX-V6 shows the wiring diagram, but says "(Canada)" on it. I'm gonna assume the sedan is the same.

finch13

Reaction score
You are kinda close for Canada... it's not uncommon for them to wander into our country uninvited :squintrun:

Back