7th gen leather seat swap?

l34merik

Reaction score
I always hated my tan interior and wish it could be black. I saw that a bunch of you guys also hate your tan interiors. I was thinking of dyeing the seats black with fabric paint but I saw Talonsiawd's thread and guess I shouldn't anymore.

Long story short, do you guys think the 7th gen heated leather seats from the coupe would fit in our 6th gen coupes? The back seats seem to have a different fold out than ours. But it would be so sweat to have heated leather. How hard or easy would it be? Thanks

I know people have done CL/TL swaps but straight up same model, different gen?

matt_glesn

Reaction score
That would be cool bc my front two leather seats are wearing holes in a couple spots. Would you just have to get a button installed for the heated seats?? It would just be like our year of the TL.. they have heated seats. bastards lol Let us know if it works and please share pics I would want to do this too.

finch13

Reaction score
You would need to wire the heated seats, it's not as simple as installing a button since the 6th gen didn't have a heated seat option, thus no wiring harness or anything pertaining to heated seats. For just heat, you'd need: 2 7th gen heater switches and a 20A relay. The actual wiring is very simple, wire relay into ignition circuit to switch the heater circuit on, power from battery through 20A fuse to switches, connect HI and LO seat circuit to switches.

Power seats are easy too. Just provide 2 power (through a 20A fuse) and 2 ground for each seat and you're golden.

I attempted it with '96 3.5RL seats, custom brackets needed to be made and I was far too lazy to do that. 5th gen Accord front seats will not swap directly in, different bracket locations. I would assume 2nd gen TL would be the closest to work with little modification. I wouldn't be surprised if Honda made slight changes between the generations (like they did with 5th to 6th) because they are entirely different chassis', whereas the TL/CL chassis of the same years are nearly identical to ours.

l34merik

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord, you did the swap already? Can you show us some pics?

Hmm and if back seats fit, maybe I'll get back seats from 7th gen and front seats from TL/CL. But then again, these will probably have to be added onto my future list now. I gotta save up for new wheels+tires and ground controls (maybe Koni yellows to go along with them) and TL rsb.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord, you did the swap already? Can you show us some pics?

Hmm and if back seats fit, maybe I'll get back seats from 7th gen and front seats from TL/CL. But then again, these will probably have to be added onto my future list now. I gotta save up for new wheels+tires and ground controls (maybe Koni yellows to go along with them) and TL rsb.

I swapped it out years ago, I can't even remember how far back. I'll have to clear the seat off, it's currently holding half the interior that I've removed during the 5spd swap.

Back