7th gen suspension set up on 6th gen. Need help asap.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
There's a guy selling his Koni yellows w/ GC combo, but they are for his 7th gen accord.

I am really eager to get these set up. Been searching for 2 months already.

I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with having 7th gen suspensions on our 6th gen accords?

I heard all you need to do is swap out their top hats and have the 6th gen accord top hats mounted instead.

Can anyone else verify this please?

Thank you.

I also hate riding on stock height.

P.S. I posted it on the can it fit Sticky and sodaks2k said he might be sure it fits with changing the top hats.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
In addition to top hats, I thought I read you have to change out the bushing in the foot of the strut. You may want to search a little on V6P if you haven't already.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Yeah, I made an account there also even though i'm an I4 owner :). I'll search up some more then get them. Good price also.

Fuzz

Reaction score
Why buy used Konis?? The KONI Sale is going on right now and you can get a pair for dirt cheap.

Who knows the conditions of the old shocks, and also, since your not the orginal owner; if you don't have his original bill good luck getting them serviced.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Why buy used Konis?? The KONI Sale is going on right now and you can get a pair for dirt cheap.

Who knows the conditions of the old shocks, and also, since your not the orginal owner; if you don't have his original bill good luck getting them serviced.

The condition looks good. And you are right about the original owner. But since I see koni in your sig. Are you a vendor by anychance?

On Honda-tech there is a vendor selling it for 987. I find that too steep.

If I buy the Koni's (brand new) from somewhere else besides their site/store, do I still get their life time warranty?

Last edited:

Fuzz

Reaction score
I'm actually a distributor for Koni. 900 dollars!! Crap thats a rip off. I am selling to the public at $600 for the set, and thats after Canadian 6% duties, shipping and brokerage.

Remember, right now there is 20% off on their product. Koni's price ONLINE, is what you should expect to see the suspension go for RETAIL from a proper dealer. But then again remember. If Bob's Shop doesn't deal with a whole lot of Koni - when he goes to source the suspension from the Master Distributor; hes not going to get the best discount there is - so HES paying more for it.

Use Koni's website to try and find a local dealer. Actually Koni's online store is not a store. What it does it put you in contact with a local dealer that had the suspension in stock in your area. Pretty cool eh!

Lastly;

This is how their warranty works. Go into a store, or buy it online from an authorised dealer. Keep the original bill with you. If the shock ever becomes defective (aka its blown, leaking oil, etc), you take it to your nearest Koni dealer, you BUY a new shock, they send your old one in for warranty - and then once its authorised you get your credit back from the Vendor. This eliminates downtime while your waiting for your shock to get fixed.

Even if Jack's Autoparts closes in 5 years, you can still take THAT invoice to Richard's Performance store and have him do the warranty work. It costs the dealer NOTHING to send the Shock back for warranty. Just make sure you have the original bill.

Hope this helps!

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
I'm actually a distributor for Koni. 900 dollars!! Crap thats a rip off. I am selling to the public at $600 for the set, and thats after Canadian 6% duties, shipping and brokerage.

Remember, right now there is 20% off on their product. Koni's price ONLINE, is what you should expect to see the suspension go for RETAIL from a proper dealer. But then again remember. If Bob's Shop doesn't deal with a whole lot of Koni - when he goes to source the suspension from the Master Distributor; hes not going to get the best discount there is - so HES paying more for it.

Use Koni's website to try and find a local dealer. Actually Koni's online store is not a store. What it does it put you in contact with a local dealer that had the suspension in stock in your area. Pretty cool eh!

Lastly;

This is how their warranty works. Go into a store, or buy it online from an authorised dealer. Keep the original bill with you. If the shock ever becomes defective (aka its blown, leaking oil, etc), you take it to your nearest Koni dealer, you BUY a new shock, they send your old one in for warranty - and then once its authorised you get your credit back from the Vendor. This eliminates downtime while your waiting for your shock to get fixed.

Even if Jack's Autoparts closes in 5 years, you can still take THAT invoice to Richard's Performance store and have him do the warranty work. It costs the dealer NOTHING to send the Shock back for warranty. Just make sure you have the original bill.

Hope this helps!

Alright. Thank you sir! You helped alot. I went to the Koni website and their was 552, also checked another site ltbautosports and theirs were 515.20. I guess with some new Ground Control Coilover sleeves, my total should be a little less than 1000 for a brand new set? Ah, it's either this or some K sports.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I ordered my set through a TD Performance center, and their email from Koni said %15 off (guy at the counter showed it to me).

Back