99 lx sedan opinions

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
It looks like my Honda is in need of some serious motor work. It consumes oil in the third cylinder like its going out of style. So, I have finally decided somehting needs to be done, but what I do not know. I am considering just a straight jdm swap, which as far as I have read and heard it is a straight drop in. I have read about prelude swaps, although they seem relatively complicated and expensive. Boosting is a potential option, but I am having a hard time finding aftermarket parts. Maybe a slight motor build. Although, I can't find many performance parts. With all that said I would like to get out of this for no more than 1500. If the option was a major performance boost I probably would be willing to spend 2000. I don't need a 300 hp car 200 crank would be enough to surfice I am even happy with the stock but more would be nice. Now that i have said all this, I would like opinions on what option do you think would fit me right. Also, where is a good reputable spot to buy engine parts and or JDM motors. All postive input will be appreciated thanks.

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
Is swapping off vtec for dual overhead cam even have that much of an advantage? Plus I read somewhere accords can be a pain in the rear to do swaps because of the immobilizer

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Well I actually never thought about the immobilizer. But you can do it with f23/h22. Best of both.

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
Well the 3rd cylinder (the 3rd when looking left to right) is burning up spark plugs and eating oil I doubt it is valve seals seeing how it does it under load and high revs. Also just did valves and valve seals on the motor. Also oil appears to be in the intake manifold if anyone has any ideas if they could be linked together

Back