A/C issue 99 EX Coupe!

bohem4e

Reaction score
I currently own a 99 Accord EX Coupe four cylinders. Just finished timing belt replacement and the engine is safe and happy. When I try to use my A/C the clutch will kick in and A/C will work for max 10 sec. It's constant on/off situation. Work for 10 sec. and not work for a minute or so. I manage to put almost a full 12oz freon bottle, but that didn't really change the situation. I try to research the problem, but it seems that no one encounter similar problem. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

001Stunna

Reaction score
I currently own a 99 Accord EX Coupe four cylinders. Just finished timing belt replacement and the engine is safe and happy. When I try to use my A/C the clutch will kick in and A/C will work for max 10 sec. It's constant on/off situation. Work for 10 sec. and not work for a minute or so. I manage to put almost a full 12oz freon bottle, but that didn't really change the situation. I try to research the problem, but it seems that no one encounter similar problem. Any advice is welcome! Thanks!

What is the low side pressure on it? ambient temp when you checked? high side pressure if you have tools to do so?

*to check you have to turn the a/c on, dial on cold, fan on8

Back