A Few Engines We will Never See in an American Production Car

nyknick1015

Reaction score
After a thread I read this morning over on ClubLexus, I started to think about the engines that I am kinda Butt-hurt about that will never have been and never will be Put in an American Off the Lot Production Car. Now that I own an IS250 that I can barely mod, It got me thinking. Feel free to chime in if anyone has any input!

Toyota/Lexus
3GR-FSE V6
977d1101950231-gr-fse-picture-gallery-updated-13-december-link-full-gallery-42b.jpg

Hell yeah Im going to be mad that lexus/Toyota is hiding the 3GR-FSE over there. The supercharged 3.0L is kind of boss and I feel if they brought this engine over to america, A LOT more companies would be be making a lot more performance parts for engine builds. I kind feel like I'm stuck with an engine that I can't do anything with other than Intake and exhaust which kind of pisses me off a bit. I feel like the current Lexus V6 engines can have a lot of potential

2JZ-FSE I6
DSC_0101.JPG

Now I know your thinking WTF?!? we already have the 2JZ but technically we don't The 2JZ-FSE Is 100% identical to the 2JZ-GE/GTE that came in the supra's/SC's but the FSE has different transmission mounting points for the AWD drive train. and YES, THE SAME TRANSMISSION AS THE IS250/350 AWD. Too bad the 2JZ ended production but its wishful thinking

Honda
N22A Turbo Diesel I4
Honda%20N22A.jpg

I really REALLY love honda but I'm going to give them the big F*** YOU on this one hiding this gem for years. They were hiding this 2.2 L turbo diesel that was getting 32 city/51 Highway for YEARS. Sitting here in a gas crisis and they don't even have the decency to share. Its not Much of a performance engine but still, I would drive an accord diesel faster than a prius

Nissan
RB26TT I6
tomei-rb26dett-engine.jpg

Lets be Honest, we know we got F'd with the skyline. They have had this engine out since the late 80's and still never shared with the american markets. Even when they brought the skyline over, the engine still stayed. Yeah Nissan... F*** YOU! GIVE US THE GTR, ALL OF THEM

These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head but I don't know many german/korean/british cars enough to say why not so feel free to add to the list

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=7315-en

"The new engine, to be designated the Honda HR22T, is based on the same architecture used in the Indianapolis 500-winning, 2.2-liter direct injection turbocharged V6 engine used in IZOD IndyCar Series competition since 2012, designed to be coupled with a new energy recovery system developed in concert with HPD technical partner Magneti Marelli."

"The new rules say that if you are a private team, you can either run without energy recovery systems or choose to add the level of energy recovery that best suits your needs. This will allow our customers to choose the ERS solution that meets their needs – everything from no energy recovery up to the full eight Megajoule maximum," Eriksen said. "This new regulation direction that is more conscious of environmental technologies will encourage HPD to participate from the perspectives of both developing future technologies and nurturing engineers."

Back