a valuable lesson...

Lilemosasuke

Reaction score
Well fellas, I've learned a valuable lesson today, first of all, the dark corner of the parking lot isn't always the safest place to park your car. Second, just cause your valuable apple tablet is a lot more noticeable then it appears beside the drivers seat, and finally, our car alarms don't go off when the drivers window is smashed. All valuable lessons I've learned tonight. Goddammit.... :furious: 3rd day at my new job too

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you sure your factory alarm is in working order? I don't see how it wouldn't sound when the driver window shatters. Sorry about the break in though.

I would personally never leave something as valuable as that in a car, period.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Especially where someone can see it. Put it under the seat or in the glove box at least. :slap:

I agree with checking the alarm. My ex had a red 6th gen sedan, and her alarm would go off for the littlest things.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
My factory alarm is the same it only goes off if something is opened while the car is armed. :(

Lilemosasuke

Reaction score
in my defense, i was at work and im not allowed to have it in the store with me and up until now its always been safe there, i often forget it there for days on end XD ill definatly look into the alarm not working properly but it seems to work when i lock my gf in the car and she feels its a good idea to try to get out.... boy that girl can jump!

ActNow

Reaction score
Its basic common sense to hide valuables and to park in a well lit area, sorry for your loss.

Mikey

Reaction score
Especially where someone can see it. Put it under the seat or in the glove box at least. :slap:

I agree with checking the alarm. My ex had a red 6th gen sedan, and her alarm would go off for the littlest things.
Its basic common sense to hide valuables and to park in a well lit area, sorry for your loss.

I would personally never leave something as valuable as that in a car, period.

This. The only place Id even feel the slightest bit of "safeness" for hiding something would be a locked glove box. And even then, if they had enough time to beat on it, they could probably still get to it.

Im sorry to hear about your loss but I always read and hear these stories about people getting their laptops and iPhones and expensive items stolen. I know stereos are harder to hide, but we, as a society, should know better. I dont leave things in my car when it's parked in the driveway and I live in a good part of a town, lol.

WestKoastHonda

Reaction score
thats unfortunate.

If you have the latest ios installed on your ipad.. and you're running iCloud then id go to the find my ipad thing at icloud.com. If its on, you can get turn by turn directions to the thief and your ipad.

its a handy feature >=]

Back