acceptable estimate on painting bumpers??

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Glad to hear, Brad......I know choosing the right colour can be a headache, when you really want to have something original that stands out.

Looking forward to the updates.

jeffpanya

Reaction score
the shop that i have took one of my bumpers too locally in portland, so prices might be different. I bought a new bumper from them 40 bucks got it painted for 120 bucks, paint looked fantastic, everything came out perfect.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
If it's a good shop that uses quality materials and does work that is going to last, then I'd say that sounds about right OP. You get what you pay for when it comes to paint and body work. I got an estimate yesterday for all the damage on my car from this past winter and the total came to just south of $3k. $1300 of that was fixing a little sheet metal damage, the rest was just for materials and paint labor. I'm fine with paying a little more if I know the work is going to be done right, and if I have any issues I can take it back to them.

Since we're talking bumpers here, especially your front bumper, you're going to want it done right. If you don't that first rock chip is going to start a downward spiral for the rest of the bumper.

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
The shop I take our cars too charges right around 350-400 for a bumper. He got me a new one and painted it for that price plus I get like a 5 year guarantee on the paint

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm sure prices have a lot to do with where you live as well. I live in The Tax Me State, and this shop specializes in BMW's, so yeah.

SKIandSKY262

Reaction score
My Honda shop also quoted me $500 per bumper.....I thought that was insane too.

I local outfit "Colors on Parade" comes to your house and paints outside. The guy gave me the same rate as the car lot I worked for, about $300 to fix everything on the car....previous owner had rear ended someone so there was a gouge and then backed into a wall....bad scrapes on the rear bumper too. Plus a mirror had hit a garage door wall.....he did me up pretty well.

S&S

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I have had this done alot, I did 2 different bumper swaps on my Talon, along with getting the oem front repainted (5 bumpers total), plus I had my Accord front repainted.

I have paid anywhere from $200-400 per bumper. I only had one bad experience where a small amount of paint lifted but they were not any cheaper, just not a great shop, didn't do a lot of research.

I would not pay more than $300-400 tops. This should get you a better than OEM paint job, match perfectly. It's just a matter of finding the right shop. I have 2 body shops in 10 minutes I trust, maybe 4 more that I know that are good, just haven't needed to use them. Get estimates, you will find they are all over the board.

Look at what types of cars are on the lot, if you see a bunch of beaters, probably stay away. If you see nice cars, don't think it's all good though, many are going through insurance and don't have a clue. That's also a good indicator of a medicure body shop, ask them to do something non oem, if they say they don't do it, they may not be good (though some just don't care to do custom work, even for a bunch of money, they don't have the time/resources).

Back