Accord Brake Light issue

Auto_Demon

Reaction score
so recently a light came on the dash of my car saying "Brake Light" so i got my dad to push the brake petal while i checked and all tail lights are working. could this just be a gremlin in the electronics? its not too terribly important, just annoying haha

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
so recently a light came on the dash of my car saying "Brake Light" so i got my dad to push the brake petal while i checked and all tail lights are working. could this just be a gremlin in the electronics? its not too terribly important, just annoying haha

Check the E-brake

Auto_Demon

Reaction score
The e brake cable isnt connected, its corroded so we dissconnected it, and its the light thats under the car diagram that shows whats doors are open

Auto_Demon

Reaction score
i checked the fluid and its fine. correction the light says "Brake Lamp". checked the owners manual and it says that the tail light would be out, but none are

001Stunna

Reaction score
The light is on for a brake light/bulb issue. The light will be on if the parking mode of the bulbs isnt working as well, not just the brake ON filament of the bulb. The brake bulbs have 2 filaments...one for parking light, one for brakes pressed. Turn on the parking lights and look at the rear lights. All should be on. Press the brakes(use a stick wedged on the brake pedal and seat if one person) and the rear outer lights and upper brake lights should be ON and brighter then the inner lights.

The issue could also happen if something is wrong with the bulb out sensor. Check and verify that all plugs are secured and connected.
83308578.jpg

Not sure why you're being suggested to check for low fluid as that would not/will not illuminate the light on the car layout/diagram.

Last edited:

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Or you can try putting some in between the brake pedal and the brake light button behind the pedal to check your brake lights.

Back