accord f23

Status
Not open for further replies.

98sleeper

Reaction score
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/headporting_flat.html-here's the link where they said the 20-30 hp gain with a pnp.

Muyo

Reaction score
No way you're gonna get that much HP on our engines from port and polish.

98sleeper

Reaction score
i was just relaying the message. don't shoot the delivery boy. just curious, how much will you supposedly gain?

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A good PnP on a head should be around $800-$1000 unless you got the hook up somewhere and it should include more than just PnP. I got mine done for $860 which was PnP, milling .015, deshroud combustion chambers, valve job, new valve seals, and gasket matched to my ported intake manifold.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
pnp might give 20hp on a turbo'd car pushing a lot of boost. but on our cars, even saying you'd gain 10hp is a stretch imo. but for you all-motor guys its something that you should look into.

as far as swapping h22 parts, I don't understand why really. unless you know of a junkyard with a few h22's lying around, you won't save any money on parts, so then why not just buy new parts for the f23 (dependant on the part of course, because there aren't as many aftermarket parts for the f23 as h22).

but just so you know, to get any results out of an all-motor f23 project you have to be willing to spend lots of money. like more than you'd be spending on a turbo, and for less hp. most people don't think its worth it, but then some people just hate FI and think all-motor is the only way to go. so you have to decide what you want to do. otherwise a year and $1500 later you might be pissed about the choices you make

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
^^ +1

My H22 gives me fun and it's still a reliable setup because engine is still stock, except for some bolt-ons... All-motors setup aren't a very good idea in ours fatty 6th gen.. All-motor are very good on light cars like civics, integras... With a lot of weight, you need much more hp to get faster.. Calculate by yourself:

Plan A:
I don't know how much a turbo setup may costs on a F23, but i know for sure that if you want some serious power out this F23 (serious power is over 300hp for me), you have to build the engine base because the F23 is reknown as not too strong and reliable under boost... I know few people with i4 6th gen who killed their engine juste because they change cut-off to go over 7000rpm and F23 is weak on high rpm.. So the turbo kit may costs at least 5000$ and put easily 2000$ for a forged internals...

Plan B:
Nitrous on stock F23: cheaper and fast, but for how long ? Forget the reliability.

Plan C: Stock H22 swap

2500$ for the complete kit and about 400-500$ for doing the swap. Put about 3500$ with ECU, bigger exhaust line. It's fun, reliable. yeah it's fast, but not too much for a big car.

Plan D: H22 Swap with all-motor setup

3500$ for swap. Aftermarket camshafts set including valve springs, retainers, fuel pressure regulator, fuel rail, new injectors (for a stage 2 or more) is very easy over 2500$. Pnp, engine balancing, and other goodies is another 2000$. You have maybe 300hp, but for over than 8000$, even 10,000$. Don't forget a stage 3 all-motor setup isn't very streetable.. idle will be high and uneven.

Plan E:
H22 swap turbo

3500$ for the swap
6000$ for a good turbo kit
Note: you can run a stock H22 with 8psi of boost and it's still reliable if you take care of the car with good management.
2000$ for a forged internals and now you can put boost up to 15psi for the street and 28-30psi on the drag strip.. A bullet-proofed H22 can take so much boost.. You can know have easily 450-500hp and more for about 15,000$ including H22 swap.

I don't even calculate for a All-motor F23... don't have time to waste on this..

Now choose what you want and what you need!!

Choose only 2 out of 3 words:
Fast, Cheap, Reliable.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
Plan B:
Nitrous on stock F23: cheaper and fast, but for how long ? Forget the reliability.

people dog the reliability of nitrous too much.

nitrous is basically a turbo in bottle form.

i think its funny, because some people will talk about how unreliable nitrous is, and then suggest that someone just get a full turbo setup :rolleyes:

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Wildman said:
i think its funny, because some people will talk about how unreliable nitrous is, and then suggest that someone just get a full turbo setup :rolleyes:

^^Yeah that is funny. $400 for 75 hp or $3000+ for 130 hp. :D

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
Wildman said:
people dog the reliability of nitrous too much.

nitrous is basically a turbo in bottle form.

but "my full turbo setup" include a forged internals of the engine base...

The point isn't how unreliable the nitro is... it's how unreliable the F23 is under boost or too much over the red line... The H22, specially the one from 92 to 95 is closed deck, so it can support a maximum of 8psi with motor stock and still minimal reliable. H22 and F23 look similar but aren't. One is made for performance and other for fuel economy and a bit of performance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back