Accord v6 hot soak fix

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Have you got the bluetooth kit off ebay with the program torque for your phone?

Best. Thing. Ever.

When your cars actin funny, you think its the ect (engine coolant temperature sensor), check guage, middle? Norm. BT? ~200 thermo & sensor good. > 220 thermo stuck closed. < 180 thermo stuck open, > 250, < 150 sensor fuxored

I don't think I've used my actual scanner ($$$$) since I bought one of these ($15 AND wireless, u kidding!).

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
I thought I had the problem fixed. Took off my distributor, saw some oil in the cap...got almost two weeks of hiccup free starts...and then boom twice today it's done this heat soak sh*t. I have the coolant temp senseor in my garage somewhere just gotta find the box. Going to swap that out tonight while I'm at work.

http://youtu.be/q9ftyw7XTeI

@Cadreck
There the link to the video I mentioned in my previos post. I messaged the guy from the video and he says he's done it a few times (I think he said to 3 different cars) and so far so good. But j asked how long ago and haven't heard back from him since

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
Alright so I tried the coolant temp sensor fix from YouTube..... If it worked you won't hear from me for another few hours as I'm going to make a stop before I go to the gym. If it didn't I'll have a response in the next 20-30 minutes as I'll have time while I wait for my car to "cool down"

Pics pics pics

99 v6 coupe by the way

The location of the coolant temp sensor (17mm I believe??)

The old vs the new

Thought I was going to be able to post then test the fix but my pics didn't upload....so far 3 successful starts all within the "heat soak" window, but I won't confirm the problem as solved just yet

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
And just like that...back to square one!
:explode:

Engine coolant temperature fix: FAIL

guess it's on to the fuel pressure regulator/ECM .... Damn

cadreck

Reaction score
With much warmer weather my problem disappeared, so gas winter additives must play a role.
I'm still planning odyssey swap though.

SkylarkAlias

Reaction score
With much warmer weather my problem disappeared, so gas winter additives must play a role.
I'm still planning odyssey swap though.

I don't know that warmer weather makes a difference, as I live in Las Vegas. No fuel/winterizing for me and my baby. Sold my baby today, tears of joy though I'll be back in a year with another 6GA!!!

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
To me, it is most likely to occur when it's warmer; late spring through early fall. It can happen to me during winter, but since I'm in SoCal, the coldest our winters get are mid 40s on average.

Back