Acura FRONT sway bar question...

Jeffro

Reaction score
I've searched, and all I can find is info on the rear sway bars and my question isn't really answered anyway, so here goes:

My front sway bar DS end link broke today, and the PS is very near broken, so I need to replace them. I was considering changing the bar over to the TL bar since its only 50 bucks and I'm going to have practically the whole thing off anyway, and my question is this: Will the Acura TL end links work? I'm assuming there won't be a difference, but you never know. If the Acura end links work then I can order everything I need from one place, which is why I want to know. Probably no big deal, but I'm curious... :coffee:

Jeffro

Reaction score
You're the best, BCK! I'm going to call you in the next few days if you've still got those stock wheels, BTW...

[email protected].

Reaction score
Jeffro,

What do you have now for a front sway bar? And in the back?

Just wondering. Most stuff I've read says to keep the rear sway bar stiffer than the front to balance out the handling.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Stock - Already stiffer in the front. I think front stock is like, 23mm and rear is 17mm. It's going to end up getting upgraded all around, but since I'm taking the front apart anyway, I may as well upgrade it to begin with.

Actually, right now I've got nothing on the front because the endlink is broken :leeann:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're the best, BCK! I'm going to call you in the next few days if you've still got those stock wheels, BTW...

Still got em. If you want a rear sway I found a nice online deal for one, $130 shipped, 7/8" or 22-23mm.

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
if i were you i would just replace the endlinks on the front....the stiffer front sway bar won't really help you for what it's worth....my comptech front sway is barely different than the OEM accord one...so i doubt the TL one is stiffer than the comptech...which makes it just a waste of $50 to add on more understeer.....

just upgrade the rear sway it helps a good bit....only reason to upgrade the front is if you get a set of sways like comptech or eibach or whatever cause they are matched and made to work together...but the OEM front with TL rear is a good match too...

JMO tho...

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
^^^ agreed. after driving for a while with my rear sway, i have no desire to upgrade the front sway, the handling is so balanced as it is now.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i would only upgrade your front swaybar if you went with something much bigger than stock out back. Even then, i might do the back first and then decide if i would install the front. And, if i was going to do both, i'd get matched ones, at the same time. So i'd just keep the stock one and fix the endlinks. I think the more difference it will make, the less happy you will be with your decision, especially if you plan to go with grippier tires in the future (that's when my car really was an understeering monster).

deucescorner

Reaction score
i have a dx model and it doesn't look like i have a rear sway bar at all, so will the '04 tl rear sway still fit? And do I have to drill holes somewhere? I got quoted today at my local Acura dealer: $55.37cdn for sway bar and $4.08cdn/each bushing, how many bushings do I need?

Back