Acura RL BBK Upgrade

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, and Tires' started by KnightRyder, Nov 10, 2010.

1. phi1542

phi1542 Well-Known Member

NV6 said he no longer makes these brackets.... but there is a company called FatFourCustoms that makes it. They said they haven't updated their website but 4th and 5th gen accord bracket is the same as the 6th gen. Here is a link for anyone who is looking to do this. Same price as NV6's.

http://fatfourcustoms.com/newest_products/94-97_honda_accord

Just ordered the calipers, dorman repair kit, rotors, FFC bracket, stoptech brake lines, ebc redstuff and im using AMSOIL DOT 4 brake fluid :) thinking about powder coating them cyan/tiffany blue. Haven't fully decided yet

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. jdm4eva

jdm4eva Active Member

Wish I had done this upgrade before I sold my 6th Gen

3. phi1542

So I got the calipers but the T50 hex bolts are corroded and rusted along with the the bleeder valve. Acura says they wont sell me things separately without selling my a whole caliper..... Where can I get new parts??? Also whats the torque spec on those bolts

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
  4. phi1542

My friend is trying to reassemble the RL calipers but he can't get some of the pistons in. One of them is stuck. He got some of it in but a lot is sticking out and he can't push it all the way in or take it out. He said he lubed it and what not. Help please. Do you guys know where I could take these to have them assembled professionally?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

5. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

What is he using to compress the pistons?

6. phi1542

C clamp I think?

7. Pardie

Pardie Well-Known Member

You should be able to "rent" the proper tool from your local autoparts store. You just put down a deposit but when you return the tool you get your money back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. phi1542

The piston that is stuck and is now ruined I think. He tried to use a vice grip to get it off but it's jammed in. There's damage from the vice grip idk how to get it out.... I don't know where to take my calipers to have them assembled too. My friend said he can't do it

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  9. phi1542

Hi guys I need some major help with my RL BBK. It's currently installed on the car but after we tested the brakes out some issues have come up. When you press down on the brake pedal you have to press it down farther than usual for the car to stop. I'm using DOT 4 AMSOIL brake fluid. It's really soft when you press down on the pedal. Also when I'm braking at highway speeds I'm having a lot of steering wheel vibrations. More than normal. I have no idea what's going on....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

10. kn0x47

kn0x47 Senior Member

There's still air in the brake lines and need to make sure all the bolts are torqued down

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk