Adding a wire to the clock spring...

lashlee

Reaction score
So I finally got off my butt and swapped my TL-S wheel and now would like to wire in the steering wheel controls. I've got the Axxess AWSC wired up but I would like to know if anyone has added the wire to the clock spring. The guy I got the wheel from gave me the wires and connector for the controls but of course the wire is not in the connector for my clock spring. Can I just add a harness pin and snap it in the spot, or can I just snake an extra wire down the column with some extra coiled up for turning of the wheel? Since I'v got the connector I would like to make it look as OEM as possible.

Any information will be much appreciated!!

lashlee

Reaction score
Nevermind. After doing some playing with the wiring in the car I think the only way I can make it work is to use a clock spring with the extra wire as well as the four pin plug on the back side. Off to the junk yard I'll go tomorrow so I can get this all back together!

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
So you want to wire up your steering wheel controls for radio and such to you clock so you can change the time from the steering wheel? :ugh:

lashlee

Reaction score
The clock spring is the part behind the steering wheel that allows the wiring from the airbag, horn, cruise and radio controls to pass through the column without turning into a jumbled mess every time you turn the wheel each way. I'm not exactly why you call it a clock spring unless it refers to the clocking of the wheel but it has nothing to do with the clock. Here is a good explination: What is a clock spring in a car?

Changing the time from the steering wheel could border on the edge of wayyy tooo lazzzyyy to change the time the regular way.

lashlee

Reaction score
Same with lug nut gaskets!!!

I trolled the local junk yard today and got the parts that I needed. Now all I need is for the stupid Axxess ASWC to work right!! :furious: Volume up is volume up and Volume Down is up or down!!! I guess I'll call Metra tomorrow and see if they can help.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Uh lol... I don't know what to tell you Kyle. All she/ he (who knows) said was their not feeling it.

lashlee

Reaction score
It's all good!! It should be easy and I should snap some pics to make a DIY, but I'll see how it works out first.

Back