Aem V2 Air Intake: Accord 98-02 4 Cyl

skabone

Reaction score
its a fairly cheap and easy mod and its pretty decent bang for your buck.

tiktawk

Reaction score

f23accord2000

Reaction score
me don't even bother have had AEM and injen not on this car but in my other cars and sold them both its all name get a generic intake from eBay and buy a k&n filter all the tubing is the same might look a little different,but to me it felt no different save the 200+ dollars and buy a 35-40 dollar one they all do the same your just paying for name that is it

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
sri = short ram intake = shorter piping, filter will sit near the battery

v2 = cai = cold air intake = longer piping, filter sits below the battery.

whole point of longer piping is to place the filter farther from the engine to try and reduce heat soak because colder air = denser air and more air = more power.

MrChad

Reaction score
Per my invoice from TireRack and at AEM's site at one point.

hp = 7.9 gain at 6100rpm
trq = 9.5 gain at 4100rpm

I've owned all three of AEM's intake systems and I can definately say this one pulls like a mother - like none other. Above 4000rpm she really does pull. I had the OEM box on the car, no resonator, with a K&N filter prior to this -- and it clearly pulls much harder.

The numbers from AEM may infact be true. Remember these are peak gains, the power band is actually a bit less under the curve. BUt almost 10 ft-lbs. is freaken huge that low in the power band.

-Chad

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^There's no difference between 3 and 5 horsepower.

Good thing about the V2 is the piping diameters. Having two different diameters is supposedly what sets it apart from other CAI's. But let's face it, you put an intake like this on for sound...there is not much performance gain.

Back