Airbag recall - Honda claiming more Accord's with issue?

MAR387

Reaction score
Well my SRS light is on but I had my mechanic scan it and apparently there isn't anything wrong with it. hopefully I can reset it before inspection :explode:

bliss_creator

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Mine just came on after changing the steering wheel to an acura one, any ideas what could be causing it, after initial replacement it did not come on, but the alignment was off, so i took it off and aligned it properly and now the SRS light is on. Should I switch back to stock steering wheel before I take it to the dealership to check or I should be fine? Thanks

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Mine just came on after changing the steering wheel to an acura one, any ideas what could be causing it, after initial replacement it did not come on, but the alignment was off, so i took it off and aligned it properly and now the SRS light is on. Should I switch back to stock steering wheel before I take it to the dealership to check or I should be fine? Thanks

You probably rotated the collar and either:

a) it's out of alignment and needs adjusted, or
b) broke the collar and need your dealer to fix your SRS system.

My guess would be a) if you had a successful install the first time. First check the clips/harnesses under your wheel. Then remove your wheel and check to make sure the collar lines up with the back of the wheel.

Last edited:
Back