Alarm goes off sometimes when I pop the trunk

Sinecure

Reaction score
Yep, sometimes when I pop the trunk, the alarm goes off. I will pop the trunk with the key fob, when I lift the trunk open, the alarm sometimes goes off. Doesn't seem to matter if it's immediate or if I wait a few seconds. I can't repeat it either, it's sporatic.

Also, when it does go off, pressing any button on the key fob doesn't seem to make it stop. It takes about 15 - 30 seconds of pressing different buttons on the remote before it finally stops. Anyone else experience this? Thanks in advance.

trancemode

Reaction score
hmm when i lock my car . and close my trunk or close any other door except driver it will alarm :p hahah i guess its the custom alarm i got.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
What kind of alarm do you have? If your alarm is engaged and you open the trunk obviously it will go off. That's how it is with my Viper.

Last edited:

mista jc

Reaction score
Yeah if it's aftermarket it's probably programmed to go off if ANYTHING opens. If you have the alarm manual, you can figure out how to program it differently. If it's stock then.. I don't know, probably Honda thinking at it's best.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
If it is stock, it just sounds like the trunk doesn't open all the way to completely disarm the alarm. it used to happen to me before i got an aftermarket alarm.

i believe there is a short delay in the disarm sequence for the remote trunk opening. if the trunk is not completely open during the disarm of the alarm, then it will go off when it opens.

Back