all kinds of problems here please help

PistOff

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been having a problem with the climate controls in my car only working when they want to. The lights on the console turn off and the temps are stuck on their last settings. All i am able to control is the amount of air 1-4 but not the temps, vents, or a/c and defrost. Starting last week the radio has been cutting in an out randomly. The instrument cluster (speedo and tack) stop working while driving, but more often when stopping. The tack and speedo drop to zero like the car has stalled then bounce back up to normal, and all the lights turn off then turn back on. Also, in the last week, when slowing it feels as if the car is going to stall and idles really low/rough (about 500 rpms) I checked all the fuses, and wires going to the speedo, radio, and a/c controls and nothing is blown/loose.

Any ideas on what the problems could be, or if they are related in any way. I thought maybe everything was cutting on/off because the alternator was dying, but I got it testing and it was ok.

Please Help!!!

PROJECT H

Reaction score
bad alternator? bad grounds? battery terminals not connected properly? honestly i have no clue.. but that sux to hear man :sad:

poff1986

Reaction score
Is it an auto? Auto's had ignition switch recalls, usually will cause alota funky crap.

res0xiz9

Reaction score
hi, im not 100% sure this info. will apply to you, but hopefully it can help you out.. about the climate control not working and your compressor turning on/off at random, it might be a "multiplex control unit" that has gone bad. i used to have a similar if not the same problem with the climate control (the lights would go in and out and the compressor would go with it). i searched around forums and a bunch of people mentioned the multiplex control unit.. i can't guarantee it will fix your problem, especially the way your car is running.. but my climate control works now that i replaced it :) the speedo and dash lights were also mentioned commonly in the same forum threads about the multiplex control unit.. i can't say that it will work for you but you can try it.. it's kinda expensive (90+ depending where you get it), but you can get a used one for cheap, get one for your year/trim model/engine type i think they have different ones depending.. gl on your car though.. o btw you can check www.hondaautomotiveparts.com for the part.. its under control unit (cabin). the drivers side one is the one that has issues

Back