Alternator questions

Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something, is that the setup in the backseat?

Your post wasn't very clear as to what you will actually be running.

The set up will be one of those boxes with 2 speakers and 2 tweeters with some kicker subs in the trunk

Camacho

Reaction score
You don't need that kind of amp for mids and tweets.. Its overkill, a simple 400x4 would be fine.

Each of my mids speakers do 500 watts rms trust me i do need the power last year i had a 4 channel amp it was not loud enough

Camacho

Reaction score
You don't need that kind of amp for mids and tweets.. Its overkill, a simple 400x4 would be fine.

ea7a5f9a425f8c7b86d11a5736cdfeec.jpg

Camacho

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I'm just confused why would you need to run 2000 watts to 2 10" mid ranges when you have kickers in the trunk. Why don't you save the headache and your back seats just get quality speakers that fit in your oem spots run a small amp to them. I run all my speakers ( all alpine type s) of a good head unit (yes they could be amped) and I'm running 850 watts to a good quality 12" and it hammers. Is anybody feeling me on this or am I out to lunch.

Reaction score
I'm just confused why would you need to run 2000 watts to 2 10" mid ranges when you have kickers in the trunk. Why don't you save the headache and your back seats just get quality speakers that fit in your oem spots run a small amp to them. I run all my speakers ( all alpine type s) of a good head unit (yes they could be amped) and I'm running 850 watts to a good quality 12" and it hammers. Is anybody feeling me on this or am I out to lunch.

I just don't want music inside my car we dominicans we take out our box for mids and highs and put on top of our cars and we do partys outside our house and if you wanna bump hard so everyone can hear your music crystal clear while you pass by there house

Camacho

604ACCORD

Reaction score
I hear ya... I wasn't dissing or nothing just wanted to know. We'll in that case your probably going to need to beef up your alternator then if your running that kind of power.

Reaction score
I hear ya... I wasn't dissing or nothing just wanted to know. We'll in that case your probably going to need to beef up your alternator then if your running that kind of power.

Yeaa idk what brands are good i dont trust those ebay ones! I might just install another yellow top battery in the trunk

Camacho

604ACCORD

Reaction score
This is what you need it aint cheap though... You will also need to run a minimum 4 gauge wire (fused) to the battery from the alternator. In my GM I'm running a 180 amp alternator with a 4 gauge fused wire to an Optima yellow top, Then I have 0 gauge to the trunk and was running 2500 watts to a single Phoenix Gold Titanium Elite 12" sub in a ported box. My lights did not dim at all never had an issue.

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/Honda~Accord~1999~2.3L-I4-F23A/13767-250-xp.html

Back