Any Bikers??

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I ride a hardtail (only front suspension) but after this weekend, I wish I rode a full suspension. Over the fast downhill sections and even over the rough, pitted, gravel road sections I really was hurting my mile 18.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Well my interview for a Logistics job didn't end with a job offer. BUT the bike shop I work at promoted me to Service Manager!! So that pretty much rocks. Maybe the manager title will look good on the resume :D Site note ever since I crashed mtn biking a few weeks ago my right knee starts hurting whenever I ride for awhile. I guess I should go easy on it some, but I do not really know what is wrong.

Oh and I got some new riding shades.

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Serfas since we sell them at the shop. So nothing insanely expensive but they are polarized :D I wanted to get some with no tint for riding home at nights and late night mtn biking but I did not like any of the frames we had that were clear.

My knee is still killing me when I ride, it started bugging me bad today on my ride after about 10 miles or so. Maybe the cleats on my shoes are not lined up straight. I have some road pedals sitting around, maybe I should finally make the swap from mtn pedals to road on my road bike.

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Where is the pain coming from on your knee? Like, outside of the knee, inside, front, back? Honestly, it wouldnt be the worst thing in the world to get it checked out, knee's are serious business.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Front of my knee but more so on the sides of the knee cap. It usually only start bugging me if I ride for awhile, which I guess is putting strain on it. If I am standing on the bike I can not feel it once it starts hurting. But it is much more noticeable when I am in the saddle.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Front of my knee but more so on the sides of the knee cap. It usually only start bugging me if I ride for awhile, which I guess is putting strain on it. If I am standing on the bike I can not feel it once it starts hurting. But it is much more noticeable when I am in the saddle.

If its more noticeable when your knee is bent (i.e. in the saddle vs standing up) its definitely a soft tissue injury. Still, with the amount of tissue within the knee and the surrounding area I would get it examined if it continues to bother you.

One last thought though; have you tried stretching it before riding? Maybe loosening up that knee before stressing it would help relieve some of the pain you experience further into the ride...

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Thanks I will have to keep that in mind. I am gonna have to try a few things. I have been trying to do some research on what could have caused it. A few things point to saddle height, but it happens on both road and mtn. And I haven't changed that in a long time. I still think it is when I twisted it mtn biking, but who knows.

I am going to still try and ride to work, but I might just walk up my hill(it is about a 20+% grading) or just take a high cadence. From what I have been reading, a low cadence can put some more stress on the knee, and lately I have been trying to push a tougher gear while climbing. I guess i should keep stressful riding to a min this week, even on my day off which is supposed to be in the low 80s..UGH But if it still hurts after resting this week then I will def be going to the doctor or at least finding someone in sports medicine.

Back