Any Bikers??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I hear ya on the bad weather. We had an EF2 Tornado Tuesday night, and snow Friday/Saturday. The weather in the south is always harsh this time of the year it seems. I have probably only been on a bike may 4 times in about 4 months. Of course I only have Friday off this week and it is supposed to be mid 60s and sunny during the week. sigh.....

Def keep me updated, the last Raleigh I was looking at was the Revenio Carbon 3

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
The international is wayyyy 2 expensive haha. But it is a sweet bike. I think I have narrowed it down to a Trek Madone 5.2, Madone 4.7, or a Specialized Tarmac SL4 Expert Mid-Compact or Tarmac Comp Mid-Compact

Bought a repair stand earlier today. Feedback Pro-Elite. I had only heard good things about it, and I really like the head on it. So hopefully I enjoy it. Worked on the road/mtn bike earlier tonight and it seemed to be good. I need something to put on it to hold tools though

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
How do you like your Feedback stand? I am a big fan, we use them for our support kit that we take to events. I just ordered a bash guard for my mountain bike, gonna ditch my munched up big ring and just run 2x10

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I like it so far. The head on it is nice, and the quick release is very nice so I do not have to spin the knob to put a bike on/off. I did have to pay attention a tad more when I had my mtn bike on it because it did seem to be somewhat top heavy. I def need to purchase their tool stand attachment.

Have you had the chance to ride any of the Trek road bikes with the integrated brakes? I test rode the Madone 5.2 a few days ago and it was the first time I have been on a bike with those brakes. They look amazing, but the long term durability kinds makes me iffy since replacement parts would be very limited. I think I have narrowed my decision down the the 4.7 or 5.2 Not sure the 5.2 is really worth the change since from what I can see the only big difference is the aero frame and the brakes.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I like it so far. The head on it is nice, and the quick release is very nice so I do not have to spin the knob to put a bike on/off. I did have to pay attention a tad more when I had my mtn bike on it because it did seem to be somewhat top heavy. I def need to purchase their tool stand attachment.

Have you had the chance to ride any of the Trek road bikes with the integrated brakes? I test rode the Madone 5.2 a few days ago and it was the first time I have been on a bike with those brakes. They look amazing, but the long term durability kinds makes me iffy since replacement parts would be very limited. I think I have narrowed my decision down the the 4.7 or 5.2 Not sure the 5.2 is really worth the change since from what I can see the only big difference is the aero frame and the brakes.

I absolutely love the power of the Bontrager integrated brakes. As far as aero brakes go, they are some of the most powerful I've ridden. Setting them up is a little tricky at first, but other than that, they rock. I would go with the aero 5 series frame over the 4 series. If you wanted to, jump up to a 6 series and do a project one with lower end components and get real close to the 5 series price range and a nicer frame.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
Got my first bike ( since I was like 12 ) and i'm very excited.
Decided to get her after borrowing my cousin's 29er because I needed a ride back after dropping my car off for service. Boy! let me tell you how all those feelings I used to have as a kid came back to me.

She's got a 21" aluminum frame. 29er. Single Speed. Disc brakes. In orange and Black.
Got her and put her together but haven't gone out riding yet unfortunately.
Life of a busy dad!

I posted a pic of her on a different forum but here she is again.

8516998771_b0b30d5519_h.jpg

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Dude, those G29's are actually a really good deal for a decent bike. My buddy has one and rides the crap out of it. Those wheels are a pretty tough wheelset and can take a whole lot of abuse. Enjoy it man!

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
In other news, I get to ride mountain bikes with the one and only Gary Fisher over spring break. My shop is putting on a group ride and fundraiser for our local trail association and Mr Fisher decided he could make it.

Back