Are these wires really that cheesy?

cliffsta

Reaction score
So I'm doing a tune up and changing my battery (and putting in a new radio :) ) And the plug wire doesn't snap into the cap... it just goes in... the boot doesn't even cover the terminal. wtf? These are Dura-last wires... the copper terminal at the end of the wire sticks out way too far and thus the boot doesn't go all the way down, it doesn't STAY down it sucks right back up, off the cap, exposing the terminal.

Every other vehicle I've changed the cap and wires on... the plug wires SNAP onto the cap and the boot goes all the way down.

Last edited:

Raymond

Reaction score
He's probably got some Sorrento string cheese in there. Some thick wires!

cliffsta

Reaction score
:kenny: LOL I love forum humor.

The boots at the cap end of the plug wires don't fit on the cap very well. I had to basically pull the wire back up into the boot. S'all good now, holmes. Tune up is complete. She's purring like a kitten. And the new battery = wow. The car spun over not even once and it fired...

My rotor was toast, and the plugs looked ancient... and I think the wires were the factory originals from 1999....

Thanks for the laughs and the help 6GA. There's a reason the only stickers on my car say 6thGenAccord.com

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i bought some cheap APC wires did same thing workd fine...wldny buyem again tho

:Starwars: and its american cheez

Back