Audio Upgrade/Installation

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
Finally got some down time while on break to start installing my goodies. Got Front Polk Audio DB651's, Rear Polk Audio DB691's, JL Audio J2 32.4 amp, and a Pioneer AVH-P4200 head unit.

Got a late start today but got around to stripping the car and installing the the front and rear speakers, as well as running all my wires for my amp, and makeshifting some wood to mount the amp too. I got some pics of the progress so far and update more as I go along, should be finished my tomorrow if weather cooperates.

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

IMG00190-20110322-1526.jpg

IMG00189-20110322-1359.jpg

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
all that work? :lawl: just popping the door panel off is simple and takes like 30 seconds, im sure you know that though. i just had a ***** of a time trying to run the speaker wire from the fronts to the amp in the back.

looks good so far man

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I didn't see any mention of what subs you will be running.

Like the progress so far!

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
I didn't see any mention of what subs you will be running.

Like the progress so far!

Thanks man, yeah haven't done subs yet, that's going to happen in the summer most likely. Need to get some funds first, but when I do, pretty sure I'm going to get the JL Audio 12w3v3. Ya never know though, mind could change until then, always have an open mind to using something else.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Me personally, I like to run matched components.

Of course switching it up comes down to budget/personal preference, but I would say go with that JL sub that you had in mind, since products lines are typically designed to work best with each other.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I have a 10w3D4, cant believe how good it sounds for only getting 100 watts rms (given to me by friend, threw it in and amp'd it just for laughs with my 4 channel amp)

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
Alright basically finished today, ran all the wires mounted the amp, installed the head unit, but got one question.

In the engine bay where the power wire is running to the battery I have to install my fuse holder, but the first 3 feet of power wire is braided. I dont how to cut the braided wire to insert into the two ends of the fuse holder. Most power wire is just the insulated rubber material that can be cut easy.

This is the last thing i have to do and im all set, any suggestions would be appreciated. Keep in mind this is my first time doing this so if something is wrong dont be too harsh lol. Thanks Guys

Back