Auto gear stick/knob mod

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, the lock thing...I didn't mess with that. It always shifts, don't forget to put it in park!

snydas1987

Reaction score
Ok sounds like a sweet mod for the auto. I'd love to go manual in the future but that could be awhile away so might give this a go. Only like $100 or so for the auto shifter n cables so pretty cheap really.. Did you use the accord shifter cables or the prelude cables??

snydas1987

Reaction score
so do you need to use the accord cables or the prelude cables that come with the prelude auto shifter mechanism??? Which year model is the one to swap into our car? same year as ours or ??? my accord is 99 model..
thanks hey, im gonna be doing this mod in the future for sure. Probably when i get to modding the interior tho. At the moment iv just got all my suspension parts so there going in next week, then rolling and pulling fenders, and then wheels, so probably after that il get to the shifter, suede n red stitching race wheel with red quick release hub and black suede n red stitching shifter and handbrake boots and nice shift knob and handbrake knob. That should cover my interior. Tho im pretty keen on fitting red seat belts all round like some of the super cars run. I think it would be a sweet way to give the interior that sporty pop..
anyway cheers guys

xci.ed6

Reaction score
You just need the prelude shifter, it works with Accord cables.

You should not touch the STOCK seatbelts!
Airbags, chassis shell, many ideas into the design! Only change them if you get a rollbar & eliminate the bags, then only go 5-belt! Not 4-belt!

snydas1987

Reaction score
ok thanks for that. The only reason i was thinking of bothering with it is that the seat belt recoil is a bit weak sometimes. it still catches in say a crash or heavy braking situation but at times can stay 5cm or so loose rather than sitting tight over my shoulder. So if i was to pull the interior trim off to get to the belt roller system id take the chance to change them too red jus for the sake of something different n pop of colour but i dont think il go there with the issues of airbags and all. thanks for the heads up

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Ah, the seatbelt recoil thing may be dirty, I'd try to clean it. It may help.

If it doesn't, then you gotta swap it. Makes me question used, because they are usually from wrecked cars...so how was the belt effected? I don't know. New works, but awfully pricey.

So, yeah, I'd try to clean it up first (if possible) and see how that goes.

snydas1987

Reaction score
yeah sounds good, it did actually confuse me abit cause everything in the car is in a new like condition n works well, only 100000km on the clock n i know its genuine just from the cars quality n parts so yeah il give them a clean n may save some money that way. thanks for the idea.. was wondering if there was anything i could do to spruce them up abit.

Back