Axel-back install

Skyy

Reaction score
I got some 5Zigen Fireballs, and have a couple of problems.

1: Stock bolts are so rusted, the metal is flaking.
2: Piping on the Fireballs is larger then the piping on the stock Y-pipe. (atleast it appears so)
3: Flange on Fireballs is larger then the flange on the stock Y-pipe. (atleast it appears so)

:Smoker:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
1. Soak them with WD-40 or PB blaster and then try to get em out with a 6 point socket. Those nuts are really tough to get off, so just take your time and try not to round the nuts out. If you can't get them out, get a grinder and cut the bolt off... Shouldn't take long to do that either.

2. Of course the piping is bigger. Why would you want a stock sized piping?

3. It'll seem a bit bigger, but it should fit.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
The piping is a half inch bigger but it bolts on perfectly, no worries. I brought mine to my local shop and while I got my oil changed I told him torch off the bolts and I brought new bolts with me and I put them up myself while it was on the lift. Do that. :)

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
yeah get new gaskets. they arent expensive. they have them at Napa, not sure about autozone or pepboys etc but im sure they should

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
It helps if u heat the bolts up with a propane torch to expand the threads. Then put a box wrench on there, apply pressure and tap with a rubber mallet. Should come lose pretty easily.

greekpizza

Reaction score
It helps if u heat the bolts up with a propane torch to expand the threads. Then put a box wrench on there, apply pressure and tap with a rubber mallet. Should come lose pretty easily.

i had to grind mine off. those bolts are a pain. good luck.:thumbsup:

akoutmos

Reaction score
Sometimes the cut off tool is your best friend for this kinda stuff

Skyy

Reaction score
Brah, I broke one with my impact.
The two in the back came off relatively easy with the impact.
And the last one, so much metal had flaked off, it went from a 14mm to an 11mm, which I also broke with my impact.

New bolts, picked up some gaskets, bolted everything up. And its all good now. they're great :)

Back