baffling oil consumption

6thgennoobie

Reaction score
I have a 99 accord. It is consuming over a quart every 500 miles. I have done a compression check over 200 paid. A leakdown test that ranged from 7 to 13 % leak. I do have a p1457 evaporate code. I just did the PCB valve. There does appear to be q little oil coming out of the PCv hole in the valve cover, but it doesn't seem to be a ton. And the oil really appears to being burnt in the 2 cylinder specifically. I do have a cold air intake. apologize for the poor grammer I am using my broke smart phone

jwong512

Reaction score
You might have a seal leak internally. I would switch over to a high mileage oil such as Valvoline Maxlife or Mobil 1 High Mileage. Both of them have led to lower oil consumption on my car and have stopped oil consumption for others.

AZmike

Reaction score
Bad oil control rings aren't too uncommon on these engines. Hopefully it's something else though.

nsjames

Reaction score
does it smoke?

if it smokes @ startup and hard decel, check the valve guides.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Ok. I'll be the first to ask. What's the mileage on the car and what weight/viscosity are you using? Fully synthetic or semi?

Jevik

Reaction score
As a comparison, my 99 f23a1 is burning about the same amount of oil as your car. I have smoke out the tailpipe above 5k rpm at WOT. From what I have heard that leads me to believe its the rings, but i havent done any tests on it.

shane

Reaction score
:ohsnap:my car is doing the same thing but o think its the valve sailes am geting smoke at abouut 5g..

shane

Reaction score
:ohsnap:my car is doing the same thing but o think its the valve sailes am geting smoke at abouut 5g..

Back