Ball Joints !!!

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
Ok so i did some research here & i dont really see anyone talking about a specific brand or type of ball joint.

my issue is im dropped about 2.5 no wheel gap on 17 inch TL's ive now going on
my third set of ball joints within about a year & change.
I just purchased the SPC adjustable joints which are suppose to withstand from 1.5 to a 3 inch drop on our cars. Guy at the shop told me these will bust as well, and i should lift the front up and probably stop busting ball joints

has anyone used these, or any recommendations on what to do ?

Jimsun

Reaction score
just buy something premium and have the ease of mind that you'll never have to worry about it for awhile

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ok so i did some research here & i dont really see anyone talking about a specific brand or type of ball joint.

my issue is im dropped about 2.5 no wheel gap on 17 inch TL's ive now going on
my third set of ball joints within about a year & change.
I just purchased the SPC adjustable joints which are suppose to withstand from 1.5 to a 3 inch drop on our cars. Guy at the shop told me these will bust as well, and i should lift the front up and probably stop busting ball joints

has anyone used these, or any recommendations on what to do ?

Are you busting your upper or lower ball joints...
Personally, i'd say use OEM for both the lower and upper(buy the whole UCA with ball joint). If you are going to buy aftermarket consider MOOG.

PS. Do you hit potholes like crazy? or do you attempt to avoid **** road conditions when you can?

DirtyHarry

Reaction score
How are you busting ball joints? I've never had one go bad from being dropped.

I dont understand it myself

just buy something premium and have the ease of mind that you'll never have to worry about it for awhile

well spc is suppose to be premium

Are you busting your upper or lower ball joints...
Personally, i'd say use OEM for both the lower and upper(buy the whole UCA with ball joint). If you are going to buy aftermarket consider MOOG.

PS. Do you hit potholes like crazy? or do you attempt to avoid **** road conditions when you can?

the ones that busted were moog, upper joints. I did try that the 1st time the whole arm/ with joint.

yeah streets in jersey are pretty crappy some of these potholes look like dinosaur footprints I do avoid, slow down n swerve on potholes I kinda memorize them and know where to drive & where not to but sometimes you catch one anyway.

ps. this is so old I forgot about it, but so far so good

Last edited:

Simkid5614

Reaction score
Go with a part with Lifetime warranty, So when it fails you get just get a replacement at autozone. Alot of people do this.

Back