BEATERS anyone??

shavedaccord

Reaction score
yeah sounds more like a beater you can have fun in too, not just a point A to B car..

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Yeah, i'd say you are buying a DD, not a beater.
I guess you're right, i just need something to get me around for a couple of years then i'll sell it. but the search is not goin very well
all the cars i've seen are either really high mileague or way over priced

Jeffro

Reaction score
LegendRacer22 said:
I guess you're right, i just need something to get me around for a couple of years then i'll sell it. but the search is not goin very well

Have you decided on a specific car to look for, or are you still looking for your whole list?

Here's one that will last you! ;)

Last edited:

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
i've been searching for main 93+legend coupe, honda prelude 5spd or mitsubishi gxs with awd turbo
i'm not in a rush to buy, i still have 3 months so i'll take my time til then

talontsiawd

Reaction score
LegendRacer22 said:
i've been searching for main 93+legend coupe, honda prelude 5spd or mitsubishi gxs with awd turbo
i'm not in a rush to buy, i still have 3 months so i'll take my time til then
I don't know if i'd reccomend a gsx for a daily driver if you are used to hondas. They aren't that unrealable compared to say most american cars, and are way cheaper to maintain than european cars. But, you might get frustrated with it. Most of the things that will go wrong are cheap and easy to do yourself but there are a decent amout of fairly common problems. And they all seem to happen right around 100k. Now if you plan to mod it, it will be a pretty reliable 12 second car compared to something else you would mod in a similar price range. For some reason, it's one of the few cars that doesn't really suffer that much when you throw another 100-150 hp on the stock motor. If you did the same with most other cars, they would probably have more problems, even though dsms have reputation for being unreliable.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
LegendRacer22 said:
My best advice when buying a used car is start looking early, or being willing to wait and also never get set on a particular car (meaning an individual car, not say a "honda accord" etc). I probably paid on average around $1000-2000 less than the average buyer does on every car i've bought. You pretty much loose any leverage when you need something or feel you need something immediately. Obviously you don't really loose it but you are going to pay more or be willing to pay more if you feel like you need it instantly.

Like with my talon, i bought my car, owned it for 6 years and sold it for $1,100 less than i paid. And i didn't mod it much, or keep it stock, not a crazy amout of appeal. On top of that, i didn't even put it up for sale. I just made an offer.

I don't know, probably wrote to much lol. But if you wait, you will find something.

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
I don't know if i'd reccomend a gsx for a daily driver if you are used to hondas. They aren't that unrealable compared to say most american cars, and are way cheaper to maintain than european cars. But, you might get frustrated with it. Most of the things that will go wrong are cheap and easy to do yourself but there are a decent amout of fairly common problems. And they all seem to happen right around 100k. Now if you plan to mod it, it will be a pretty reliable 12 second car compared to something else you would mod in a similar price range. For some reason, it's one of the few cars that doesn't really suffer that much when you throw another 100-150 hp on the stock motor. If you did the same with most other cars, they would probably have more problems, even though dsms have reputation for being unreliable.

i probably won't be mod crazy anytime soon that's i want something stock with a little zip to it.
what do you guys think about buying modded cars, i've run into some turbo'd civic, and integras, and just lower the boost.

wg2k7

Reaction score
good luck with your search, a 6th gen accord coupe could be nice. a little stock zip (not much but decent amount) and a good looking car and besides the tranny the car will last forever. also, gas is about 20-22 mpg city but i think its about 26-28 highway (i dont ever drive highway) so its not good but not bad

LegendRacer22

Reaction score
talontsiawd said:
Like with my talon, i bought my car, owned it for 6 years and sold it for $1,100 less than i paid. And i didn't mod it much, or keep it stock, not a crazy amout of appeal. On top of that, i didn't even put it up for sale. I just made an offer. QUOTE]

that's what happened with my 93 acura legend, bought it for $6000, 4 years and 2 accidents later i got about $6500 back from insurance company neither accident was my fault.

Back