Bex's 1997 JDM Accord Sedan (56K Beware)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Sick car man, i really like the japanese accords better. Too bad they didn't get a coupe, i'd love to see what that would look like.

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
Dunno where you guys get your info, but all Gen 6 JDM Accords and Torneos are vtec. Just some are SOHC and some are DOHC.

There is:
1.8 SOHC vtec
2.0 SOHC vtec
2.0 SOHC vtec LEV
2.0 DOHC vtec (180HP) from the SiR (tiptronic) sedan
2.0 DOHC vtec (200HP) from the SiR-T (manual) sedan (97 - 99)
2.2 DOHC vtec (220HP) Euro-R sedan (99 - 02) this is a red top H22A

2.3 SOHC vtec wagon
2.3 DOHC vtec (200HP) SiR wagon, blue top H23A

The SiR-T and Euro-R both have a LSD. There is a 4WD version of the 2.0 and 2.3 SOHC models. The Euro-R's engine is from the Type-S Prelude. The SiR-T's engine is just a de-stroked version of the Type-S/Euro-R H22A. Why didn't they call it a H20A???

The EPS switch just adjusts how hard it is for you to turn the wheel. Having said that, I cannot tell the difference. I have been advised to leave it the hell alone, EPS can be costly to repair. The real bonus to it is the lack of drag on your motor, no PS pump :)

I've had mine buffed recently and re-waxed it, will post some pics again soon.

Last edited:

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
Your Accord looks much nicer at the front than my Torneo does. The Torneo didn't get black housed headlights and spotlights until the facelift of 1999. The Accord's grill is nicer too. The Torneo looks nicer at the back, but that doesn't make up for the front. Apparently in Japan some people fit the Accord front (headlights, bonnet, grill) to a Torneo to make an Accorneo, lol

bex

Reaction score
I have to admit, the rear of the JDM Accord 6th Gen does look really bland, doesnt fit the vehicle at all.

Thanks for the advice on the EPS, I had a gut feeling to just leave it in the center [o] position (OFF) and not to touch it!

Fungus, do you know of any performance sites specifically for the JDM Accords or do the USDM 6th Gen parts just fit?

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
Well you could get the trunk and lights from a Torneo, or better yet an Accord Euro-R which look much like the USDM lights.

I dunno of any sites for your accord. All the guys who have accords or torneos on the www.nzhondas.com forums have either a SiR, SiR-T or Euro-R so they all use mods for H22A/F20B (DOHC). Perhaps you can use the same bolt-on mods that the USDM F23 cars have?

One thing to watch out for is the wheels. I bought some 17*7 alloys with a 45 offset and they still stick out slightly, a 50 offset is what they really need.

I threw away all my navigation gear as it made me look like my car was driving somewhere in the ocean near Japan :S They are great cars for audio as they have 2 * double din spaces, and you can move the air conditioning controls around. Also, you can load up the trunk with subs and amps and still have easy access to the spare wheel.

If you are interested in a nicer interior, the SiR/SiR-T S-Package has half leather seats (and a bodykit), the Euro-R have actual recaros and the VTS Leather Package has full leather.

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
Rear of a JDM Accord
accordle4.jpg

Rear of a JDM Accord Euro-R
eurorlj7.jpg

Rear of a JDM Torneo (no difference between Euro-R and other models)
torneokb0.jpg

bex

Reaction score
I like the Euro-R rear tail light assembly, but like you said, I would need the trunk and the tails to make a complete swap. What about the dimensions of the side tail lights fixed to the rear panels? Will the Euro-R lights plug right in, if so, this is a mod worth doing!!!!

Uncle Fungus

Reaction score
There was a guy selling the Accord Euro-R parts on NZ's main auction site a while back. He claimed it would bolt up to any JDM accord or torneo sedan. He even had the Euro-R bumper as part of the deal, it was $400 (US$280) I should have bought it all :(

Back