Blackhousing headlights w/ LEDs?

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
amber oznium light strips. I like them much better than the stock single bulb in the middle of the light.

accordfeb12047.jpg

lee76

Reaction score
i think LEDs are great. my brother installed his last week and his car looked pretty nice.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have the LED lighting done as well, but unless you have the right LED's, it can look a bit mediocre.

I would suggest CCFL's if you can find the right ones.

LunaccorD

Reaction score
Personally i think that if it’s not done right it can look horrible
I have been working on mine for a little over a month now on and off. I prefer spending more time with my 7 month old son and not rushing my project
or missing out on his life..
I’ve seen some pretty janky ideas on YouTube like placing the strips under the headlight not sealed in the housing.. IMO If your going to do it, do it right!
Knightryder does have one of the most legit retro builds I have seen on the site. But like he said at the beginning of his thread (for the few people that i've been talking to off the boards, they know how long i've been working on this stuff... way too long) we all just need to be creative & SEARCH more like in the DIY areas and connect the puzzle pieces! if you just thought of it, most of the O.G’s on here have already done it back in 07-08.
I think certain colors are meant for certain cars, white on silver, black, white. I have DEP so the amber is what I am going with.
Wasn’t really feeling the first strip I put in.

16d62cf5.jpg

The next LED strip I bought was up to my liking.
f1627817.jpg

it just takes time! And we have plenty off it!

LunaccorD

Reaction score
weather proof flex strips from superbrightleds.com :thumbsup: i had bought a number of strips from there and EBay after a lot of confused: and :coffee: searching i found the style LEDs i wanted to go with, but i had to do some retro work to my housings themselves. a lot of things play a factor though, heat, placement, what they would looking like with the headlights and what HID color, what they would look like in the AM and PM the right voltage, classy yet not to catchy.

4door accord02

Reaction score
Personally i think that if it’s not done right it can look horrible
I have been working on mine for a little over a month now on and off. I prefer spending more time with my 7 month old son and not rushing my project
or missing out on his life..
I’ve seen some pretty janky ideas on YouTube like placing the strips under the headlight not sealed in the housing.. IMO If your going to do it, do it right!
Knightryder does have one of the most legit retro builds I have seen on the site. But like he said at the beginning of his thread (for the few people that i've been talking to off the boards, they know how long i've been working on this stuff... way too long) we all just need to be creative & SEARCH more like in the DIY areas and connect the puzzle pieces! if you just thought of it, most of the O.G’s on here have already done it back in 07-08.
I think certain colors are meant for certain cars, white on silver, black, white. I have DEP so the amber is what I am going with.
Wasn’t really feeling the first strip I put in.

16d62cf5.jpg

The next LED strip I bought was up to my liking.
f1627817.jpg

it just takes time! And we have plenty off it!

those amber led strips actually look pretty good

blackcord

Reaction score
IMO, if you put some sort of frosted defuser in front of the leds to "soften" the output and not have the led dot patterns might make this look much better.

Back