Blah... need help desperately! Crappy situation/H22 swap related

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
y dont u find one and just replace ur current motor instead of trying to fix it? should be cheap to find a f23.

RedlineAccord

Reaction score
Ya, I could always just find another F23, but that wouldn't be as fun :D But it looks like thats what I'll be doing if fixing the current motor is way too expensive or out of the question.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
take off the valve cover and see if the timing belt is broken...this would have been the first step if someone told me "the belt broke."

RedlineAccord

Reaction score
The neighbor of mine, who has been a mechanic for many years, did that already. It's broken.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The neighbor of mine, who has been a mechanic for many years, did that already. It's broken.

Dude, it should not have broke. If you didnt do it yourself, take it back to the dead beat mechanic and tell him ur belt snapped and blew my engine.

juicebox00

Reaction score
^+1, if it broke only after 30k miles somethings wrong there

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If your current motor is in bad enough shape that you are required to buy a new one, then just buy another f23. Do not even attempt the H22 if you are Auto and staying Auto. Plus if you dont plan on keeping this car much longer I wouldnt even go through the trouble even IF you were planing to go manual. Take my word on this, Trust Me, I speak from experience.....

-Mike

Quoted For Truth.

Accord281

Reaction score
I had the timing belt snap in my 89 accord. I remember that the first thing the shop did was compression test the cylinders to see if the valves were bent. Luckily, none were. I was surprised because after the car died, I cranked it several times to see if it would restart (had no clue back then). I remember them telling me that the compression test by itself was $60 (keep in mind this was 10 years ago). I would call a couple places and see how much it would cost just for that. That way, you would get a better idea if the repair will be $300 or $1000.

Back