bloop bloop

tnguyen600

Reaction score
Re: Free Lens!

seriously, i 100% agree. Im still learning and no where near to where you guys are. Am I buying my way into being a good photographer b/c I bought an L lens? Personally, I dont think so. I'll bring it back a few months....I found an awesome deal and I took advantage of it. (12 months, 0% APR) Do I plan on advertising my "photography skills"? Nope. Just a side hobby that I'm slowly picking up as time allows. So, when you say my equipment is beyond my talent, I guess you're referring to my one L lens?..b/c all of my other equipment is like like noob gear.

finch13

Reaction score

Hehe. I don't care what lens people get and what not. It seems like people here think L glass is the only way to go... I've never bought into that, I have a Tamron I bought used, my camera is old as hell and beat to ****. It's whatev. I think it was just being pointed out that you may or may not have bought the lens and expected it to take epic photos without some more practice and reading.

All this lens talk is making me want to start a rant on how digital is killing the artistic side of photography and slaughtering 35mm in the process.

xluben

Reaction score

this is just another example of how you can't buy your way into being a good photographer...it's nice that you are screwing amazon(being sarcastic this is why our economy is the way it is and businesses are failing)...your equipment is probably way beyond your talent if you can't get good shots...
Yeah, why not just do the honest thing, and send the lens back?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score

All this lens talk is making me want to start a rant on how digital is killing the artistic side of photography and slaughtering 35mm in the process.
make sure you leave some room on the soap box for me :redface2:

LitoCG2Rider

Reaction score

^ u just said bring it back in a few months....now u saying u will wait til end of the week for a email? If your mind is set on keeping it then by all means keep it....don't let us saying it then u feel bad or somthing then it make u want to return it......

Its always good to get free stuff !!

xi0utlawstarix

Reaction score

happened to my friend....ordered a cell phone from amazon then something is wrong with it. they sent him another one and he didnt return the old one. :eh:

just keep that shiet or sell it.

turbo_911

Reaction score

haha no issues with the lens that I know of...I just thought I received a bad L lens? The quality of some of the sample pics I took were so so. I've read around some sites and people have been saying that sometimes people receive bad lenses...being that I can exchange it without any cost, I decided I would.

Hey, where did you read that there are bad quality L lenses? Those are top of the line, and if you got bag quality pictures its user problem not with the lens. And those ppl that said that they got bad lenses, they don't know what they'r talking about. Give cheapest lens and camera to a pro and he'll take a lot better pictures then giving a noob 1DIII's or 5DII with a nice lens...
If you think that you got bad lens, most likely because you were taking pictures at low light and you were getting a blur... should of bought the IS version lol. Oh i know sell those two lenses and buy one nice one :) hehe

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

i don't really mean to be harsh...its just that if you never run into limits of your equipment it's harder to learn the abilities of your good lenses....IMO you need to stop spending money...there will always be "deals" out there...and just shoot

especially because there are tons of lenses out there...and everyone has different needs...you can't possibly know what you need from the start...i admit the lens is awesome but i really don't use it all that much...some of my favorite pictures have been taken with it so i do love it but they represent a small percentage of my favorite pictures...A LOT of my favorite pics i've taken were with the kit lens...

what is weird to me is how people invest so much in glass without a flash....like...i know you can shoot wide apertures inside and survive...but my pictures turn out so much better with flash and it's one of the best things to learn IMO...it gives you so much more ability with every lens...without it you are losing out cause we all live inside and not outside...you will be glad you did also when family events happen and you are able to take pictures inside that aren't motion blurred and lit correctly ...

Back