Bought my manual swap parts today.

VonDubz

Reaction score
Fill The Engine mount with 3m polyurethane (should be 60 hardness). Tape off one side and inject it, make sure its in there good with no bubbles, then tape off the other side and let it sit for like 3 days, then to correctly cure it, you gotta stick it in the oven at 180 degrees for like 2 minutes or something liek that. Theres a Nissan DIY somewhere on the web. I did this to my 240sx mounts to eliminate the wheel hop, back I was still on nicoclub lol

The problem with buying already made polyurethane mounts is that they never tell yu the hardness of the polyurethane. with this diy method you can control the hardness by getting different fillers, but i def recommend the 3m 60 hardness. Its a compromise between stiffness and driveability.

low430

Reaction score
Fill The Engine mount with 3m polyurethane (should be 60 hardness). Tape off one side and inject it, make sure its in there good with no bubbles, then tape off the other side and let it sit for like 3 days, then to correctly cure it, you gotta stick it in the oven at 180 degrees for like 2 minutes or something liek that. Theres a Nissan DIY somewhere on the web. I did this to my 240sx mounts to eliminate the wheel hop, back I was still on nicoclub lol

The problem with buying already made polyurethane mounts is that they never tell yu the hardness of the polyurethane. with this diy method you can control the hardness by getting different fillers, but i def recommend the 3m 60 hardness. Its a compromise between stiffness and driveability.

I bought the manual rear mount, Im going to install it as soon as I get the speedo /vtec / MT ECU working, I dont feel like doing eurethane, I had ES MM inserts in my teg and they were loud. If It were turbo or H22 I would but my car is not fast so Ill stick with Stock for now.

low430

Reaction score
Wait!!! The rear mount has to be swapped too?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No the Auto Rear mount works, I Just dont feel its as solid as the MT part
The AT Rear mount is like Vaccum assisted or something for comfort and sound I assume.
The MT mount is a traditional honda mount

Steverino

Reaction score
No the Auto Rear mount works, I Just dont feel its as solid as the MT part
The AT Rear mount is like Vaccum assisted or something for comfort and sound I assume.
The MT mount is a traditional honda mount

The automatic rear mount is traditionally adjusted via intake manifold pressure. You can use the MT mounts and completely eliminate the solenoid, vacuum lines and wiring.

low430

Reaction score
The automatic rear mount is traditionally adjusted via intake manifold pressure. You can use the MT mounts and completely eliminate the solenoid, vacuum lines and wiring.

Swap is Officially complete, Vtec Cracked on Saturday For the first time.
Its worth it.
Love the car now.

Back