Brake light rattling...

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So since I recently got a new sub setup, my trunk now rattles ridiculously. Another thing that I noticed is that my brake light in the rear windshield shakes tremendously. I tried searching, but I couldn't find anything on a fix for the brake light. Do any of you guys have this problem? And if you do, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks.

bliss_creator

Reaction score
Trunk rattle is because of the sub and the only way I can think of a fix is change the rubber liners inside the trunk and use some sound deadener inside trunk, that's the reason I am using the dynamat in the trunk and going with the others for the rest.........

cvjoint

Reaction score
I applied expanding foam to the whole rear deck, it's the only way you get the sucker to be quiet.

xx24xx

Reaction score
You haven't heard **** till you've heard my rear tail lights lol. I put 2 layers of dampener on the trunk lid and used some behind the license plate. You will have to remove the tail lights and use some anti-vibration material between them that won't get moldy. Use dampener on your rear deck and trunk too. Especially over the rear tire wells.

I still have noise coming out of them lol. To be fair my sub setup is pretty "over the top". I can't hear it inside the car though so **** it. :eusa_doh:

Back